Alteil:Horizons Forum idea's

User suggestions to improve the game

Alteil:Horizons Forum idea's

Postby angelspawns » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Obviously Alteil:Horizons will need a new forum, cleansed of the tragedies and frustrations of the past.
I would like this thread to gather ideas how to keep things alive and active. Community ideas to make it truely a part of Alteil:Horizons experience. These are just ideas and i haven't thought through all complications of some, so bare with me.

1.) Contests.
Remember the contests in the past? Where you had to create a dialogue between 2 characters, or had to dress up your avatar in the most original way? Lets come up with some of those:
- Player creation contest = Draw a card. (or avatar, or background image)
- Most creative deck contest, or most fun match. Post a replay.
- Design a card contest. Come up with stats & skills for a card. (be it for an existing - yet to be implemented- Ex, or a contest winners card art) *prone to slight adjustments by the Alteil Team to fit into the game.
- ?

2.) Alteil's Team brainstorm section.
Where the Alteil Team asks a question they like to know the public opinion on. Aka. "Question of the month", surveys, polls, etc.

3.) Power discussion Section.
Anything from the Coreset, up to individual cards. What do you find lackluster or gamebreaking? Should something be excluded or added to the core?
Contains a list (with Poll) which unit you like to see buffed.

4.) Art Section.
- Alteil related art earns you +10Pt Cards. 1 Thread per person and only 1 drawing in every 2 weeks will be rewarded.
- Allow people to hold contest that offer a reward from their own cardcollection.

5.) Exp or 1Pt.Card reward for login in on your forumaccount. (once a day)

6.) Game Statistics.
- A list with current Top RP. (since it's fallen off the new website)
- Add highest current winstreak and other data to that list.

Name your ideas people!
angelspawns

Re: Alteil:Horizons Forum idea's

Postby Anima13 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:21 pm

1 an active moderator/ spam ereaser

2 a filter that lets you blend out troll posts, comments and sentences irrelevant to the main topic of a thread.
OR
a trash bin for things getting out of hand (but would prefer the first )

3 the option to rate and bookmark threads

4 active communication of acoplay with the community. It was present at the very begining but got less since the focus drifted to horizon (which is understandable). I really liked that and hope you guys keep doing that.

5 perhaps the transfer of a few older valuable threads . If nothing else at least the guild threads.
Anima13

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 pm

If you guys want more open communication, I'm pretty active on the forums.
Romdeau

Postby worthing » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Anima13 wrote:1 an active moderator/ spam ereaser

2 a filter that lets you blend out troll posts, comments and sentences irrelevant to the main topic of a thread.
OR

3 the option to rate and bookmark threads

4 active communication of acoplay with the community. It was present at the very begining but got less since the focus drifted to horizon (which is understandable). I really liked that and hope you guys keep doing that.

5 perhaps the transfer of a few older valuable threads . If nothing else at least the guild threads.

Im always in alteil chat when im online ;th2
worthing

Postby Sachiel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 am

Anima13 wrote:1 an active moderator/ spam ereaser

OR

An active moderator is enough to cope also with number 2, advising posters to keep on topic, and closing/locking the post if the advice is ommited. It should not be a task of the users.

Anima13 wrote:3 the option to rate and bookmark threads

Rating and Karma are quite dangerous, because of people rating negatively other users/posts for reasons not related to the post itself (yes, childish behaviour). Better not to have it (unless it only supports positive rating, like G+ or FB).

I do not see much he point of bookmarking, having it available on many other tools -even as a base feature of any web browser-, unless you mean following a post, which is more useful. Anyway, both features are already implemented on the current forum.

Anima13 wrote:5 perhaps the transfer of a few older valuable threads . If nothing else at least the guild threads.

+1. Or at least keep this forum alive for a time in parallel with the AH forum, so that users can migrate the content if willing.
Sachiel

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm not sure Romdeau is good choice as moderator.. after all you all guys saw the bot spam -.- I don't want more of that on Alteil Horizons.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:00 am

Callonia wrote:I'm not sure Romdeau is good choice as moderator.. after all you all guys saw the bot spam -.- I don't want more of that on Alteil Horizons.

Barking up the wrong tree. The anti-bot security needs to improved, not the amount of time I can spend mindlessly clicking delete, confirm, and then ban said user. My time is better spent elsewhere.
Romdeau

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:54 am

angelspawns wrote:- Design a card contest. Come up with stats & skills for a card.

ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That'll be fun. ;)

On topic, we need forum cleanup. Valuable threads (odds are) will be migrated by the original makers probably insta-stickied. Only the compendium of related posts merged into one and then locked to only the owner would be good.

As for new additions, i just really want to see titles/avatars/icons that can be earned. None of the grindy stuff, just random ones you get for doing certain things like ("+1 got me to post" for lurkers, "I'm talking to YOU" quoting at least 5 posts in one reply, etc.). I think there's another post on titles somewhere.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Romdeau wrote:
Callonia wrote:I'm not sure Romdeau is good choice as moderator.. after all you all guys saw the bot spam -.- I don't want more of that on Alteil Horizons.

Barking up the wrong tree. The anti-bot security needs to improved, not the amount of time I can spend mindlessly clicking delete, confirm, and then ban said user. My time is better spent elsewhere.

Because the five seconds you need to do on each post is too much. Even when I click bot post, report it as bot then confirm. Although I kinda stopped reporting them when Romdeau stopped being a moderator except lock my thread pointing out all the bot spam.

Thus, That is why I doubt your ability to be a moderator on alteil horizon forums. If you don't do it here, who is to say you can do it on the new forums. Mebbe yer just tired of being a moderator. Dunno.
Callonia

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:58 am

The idea of avatar dress up I like.

I have been on forums where there is a kinda like or dislike button. So if a post gets voted down then it is hidden until you choose to see it. Of course the most down rated are the ones I look at first. :lol:

Some of the fan art on here should certainly not go unrewarded that goes for guides and cos play too.

(The story I have just updated around the campfire? I get my own reward from that believe me) :lol:

As for Rom? I believe he should only supervise the moderation. I think a new mod should come in. The idea that anyone here could do it is bad.

And I feel strongly that the forums are an important part of the whole gaming experience and the decision to ban anyone should never be taken lightly.

"Free speech for the dumb"
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau