1/17/2014 errata summary.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

1/17/2014 errata summary.

Postby worthing » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 am

These are not all of the cards in the errata, just some of them

Hello community. It is errata time again and we got a number of changes coming next friday (hopefully). Remember the only cards we are changing will be in horizons because it is our priority and is very time consuming (seriously it can take a week to get like 2 cards done). So keep in mind all of these cards are in the core as well except a couple that we removed from the horizon core set but decided to keep the nerfs/buffs because we already put the time into them.

Now I cannot post some of the changes because they are not final yet. So I will be talking about major changes coming to each sphere....

;a41

Mono sphere refess cards have the fewest changes out of all the spheres this errata and are quite simple and effective.

Folrart flying cavalry was becoming a staple card in almost every refess file and could be played way too much and would create frustrating scenarios for his opponents, and even sometimes impossible to win scenarios. We changed his open skill a bit so he is still a great card to play but won't be like a 30+ damage grimoire with field presence that costs 1sp every turn.

We also made a change to pegasus knights to make him a more viable card.

Folrart psycho soldier also has a small change to make her a less sp efficient for a return soul skill.

;a39

As some of you may know assassins are pretty crazy right now and can end games without letting you do too much. We made a slight nerf to marchare to keep them inline early game since mulna and marchare could take out almost any early game tank. Its also worth noting that gafc won't be in the horizon core so you won't have 3 to deal with 3 of that soul skill in horizons mode.

We also noticed that zugaterosa has fallen off quite a bit and has been the same since set 1. We made a change to help him die less and drain all of your sp and made him hit a "bit" harder.

Finally we made a nerf to Command Unit / Violet X2's soul skill so she will be less of a nuisance.

;a40

One of the biggest factions in the game has been having trouble for quite some time now and we fixed the problem! Mercenary nation will have an easier time getting its sphere level to 6 now that we buffed Heierrat army. Mercenary Princess / Yuni (5* yuni) also got a change to make her more effective and a strong mercenary nation card.

Big red is a scary and frustrating file to face. We decided to lower the power of dragon's fire and dyson a bit so dragon kin variants won't be creating never ending cemetery retrieval and will be doing a bit less damage.

Finally we nerfed beltorat kingdom. Mono sphere beltorat kingdom (Ainhazard and friends) is one of the strongest files in the game right now but extremely underplayed. It would be a nightmare to have to play against it in its current form in horizons so we nerfed a few cards to make them less overwhelming.

We are also reworking Lei Sei.

;a38

Falkow received the most changes this errata and has had a ton of time poured into it. We reworked a couple of cards, nerfed a few OP cards, and buffed quite a few unviable/underpowered cards.

First off I want to talk about the buffs we made to sea behemoths since they have been less than average lately. We made a change to the core unit, sea serpent, by giving him a little more hp so he doesn't die so fast. Another core card, Vosrot, is getting his action skill buffed as well so he will more effective with your sea behemoths. The biggest change though for sea behemoths is that we reworked The Kraken. He will now act as a late game unit in files that use a lot of monster subtypes and can deal a ton of damage and his field presence can be hit or miss.

Evangelical Hymn / Gospel will be getting reworked as well.

We buffed invisibility edge and flying to compensate for the lack of tidal wave in the horizon core.

We made a few nerfs to falkow as well. The one that will probably stick out the most is the change on Flying Sorcerer of regus, the change will make her much less spammable. We also noticed oeste could get out of control and would dominate the early game by spamming will o wisp so we made her a bit less overwhelming.

;a40 ;a41
We made a slight change to toromea and folrart flame swordsman so Toro files had a weaker early game. Remember catira is also not in the horizon core so that is also a nerf.

;a38 ;a41
Oseon and wandering bard also received slight changes.
worthing

Re: 1/17/2014 errata summary.

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 pm

What's peg knight change?
Icyman2

Postby worthing » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm

We added an action skill. Bonus knowledge to those that read past the first post!
worthing

Postby Callonia » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm

My guesses because its fun to guess.

Folrart Flying Cavalry has been removed from the game because it was better than tidalwave. It was horrible, i cannot even say what happened.

Pegasus Knights has mastered Bringer's Slaying Strike....

Folrart Psycho Soldier now have a cripple conditional.

Gafc's I win button has been removed from the game.

Mulna and Marchare now no longer terrorizes the opening phases.

Zugaterosa is still a endgame unit with it's agility increased to 3 and hp increased to 60 with his E-rage strike of doom buffed from 100
damage to 200 damage.

Violet X2's Soul skill now drains 1 sp and retrieves 1 card from cemetery.

They buffed Mercenary Princess Yuni's artwork to be better looking so it sees more play now.

Heierrat's army now does a dance in open phase which raises sphere level by 1 for gowen.

Big red's splashes now do 10 less damage and cannot cemetery retrieval anymore.? !

Ainhazard's file got nerfed?! BUT BUT ITS ONE OF MY RARE FILES WITH POSTIVIE WIN STREAK! (Its cuz its kinda boring to play, very mechanical.
And vulnerable to returns)

Lei Sei now does 100 damage slash to two rows for 1 sp and drains 1 gowen sphere. I guess i'll keep my Lei sei replay so i can remember
what her old version looks like..

We have successfully put the end to the lady waving return in our face, it was such a long journey but the Assassin Team
finally overcame her might at last. As it is, return has been killed off for Alteil Horizons.

Swallow Scout's action skill is now free.

We kinda missed the defs dominance so we decided to buff sea Serpent's hp back to 100 or was it 120? Eh let's make it 150 hp.
Diodora's hp values has been buffed to 45!
Elite Fencer's hp has been buffed to 70 not 60 because why not.

And Vosrot has been buffed so that he now generates eight sp and engages every enemy unit on field on open so that the DEFS can abuse
their boredom allover again in folrart arena because we cannot stand seeing Falkow fight to earn their wins instead of getting free
wins like they usually have.

Gospel now have her own special song that she plays if you play her.

Invisibility edge now can return one level 1-2 unit upon casting in addition to its previous effects.

We didn't nerf Return because we Killed return with a capital K.

Also Owl Sage has been nerfed, his atk is now 0 because despite our massive nerf to his range.. it was still slaugthering everyone so
we hope this change works better than his range nerf.

We made it so that the guys who always lose agi rolls with Toromea will hate her even more now.

Oseon is now Oseon Unleashed! Look forward to his appearance guys!

Wandering Bard in addition of when it manages to decrease the opponent's agi to 0, the said unit who got it's agi decreased to 0 will now
display crying graphics to show that it misses his/her homeland.

In other words, everyone PREPARE FOR THE RETURN OF DEFS OVERLORDS.
DON'T SHOW UP IN FOLRART ARENA UNLESS YOU HAVE DEFS OR BIG RED OR WIZARD KINGDOM OF OPNESS.
Plus select few overpowered files of doom as usual.

Sadly, there's no longer a GMB file around anymore to kill all the emerging DEFS.

Sea Serpent's current hp is fine, any buff to it is bad.

Thank you for playing and please come again.

;a30
Callonia

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Does any one even remember Zagar set1 and ex 1?

For **** sake just make the first a start skill and the latter not suck!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Khiruki » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

...Baron Zagar got errata'd a while back. He got +10 base defense and his auto now heals him for 10 HP. EX Zagar does double damage to lvl 6+. I wouldn't use either of them over Tower Shield, but they don't suck...
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm

don't errata the flying cavalry plox. :(
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:56 am

How'd you get all six of them on field without them dying. Did you ask the iczer nicely to not murder them?
Callonia

Postby gabotheplaya » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:20 am

Its liek you don't even play refess. Fluke was holding back because he played PoM early and didn't want it dying via cavalry close since he has only 2 and i already killed 1. i think 2 of the cavs also have 40 atk (from a previous tierie open which died) so it could 1-shot the PoM if i was lucky. after setting up the 3 cavs though, it was timestop > ex girl merc > timestop > ex girl merc > timestop > ex girl merc > tierie for effect.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 am

Oh i see thanks, after all that screenshot alone didn't tell the whole story. :P
Callonia

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion