"1/24/14" official errata list

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: "1/24/14" official errata list

Postby worthing » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Hey guys glad to see you're liking the new errata/patch. I can respond to a few things.

1. Gospel isn't getting reworked yet. So far all of our ideas have been wonky and we can't get something we like or is practical and not face rolly.

2. We probably tested serpent in around 50 games or so and decided reverting some of the power creeped cards (serpent and vosrot) wasn't even close enough to a buff since they consistently lost in testing. It has become obvious over time that serpent has become too weak to be a practical file in folrart. Kraken can be hit or miss but generally will be useful. Really hoping to see how he does in folrart generally.

3. Beltorats were basically faster and stronger tanky refess units. They were too strong in the legacy format and are god tier in horizons so we had to bring the power level down.

4. Assassins are also in the same boat as far as god tier goes. I won 40 games straight with them in folrart which got us to look into them. After looking into it we decided they really only needed a light nerf since gafc won't be a part of horizons and the -10 is really effective. I understand marchare can be used in more than just assassins but I feel it was a pretty good move overall.

5. Mid refess is scary o.o

Keep it clean ;th2
worthing

Postby gabotheplaya » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Dat disconnect...

Stuff got nerfed / buffed with respect to horizons core... Yet we don't know how to build core. Isn't that off? Serpent buff, so I'm guessing frog isn't in? Mid ref nerf, so I'm guessing the yellow army will be invading?

Can we get a sneak peak so we can actually justify the errata to ourselves? Heck, push it... Let's test out some horizons legal stuff in folart to see how they run. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Ropey » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:46 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/978 ... ect_update

Maybe what you are looking for Gabo.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby tropireno » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:25 am

Why not buff cards that are actually unused and worthless instead of buffing perfectly fine ones like Zug and Sea Serpent?
tropireno

Postby urizen'sforum » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 am

Consider making church nun/knight of the church/brothers at arms/pretender of sun lvl 2 or higher, because flying cavalry was the only thing that made these cards viable.

Gow/reff rush cards still need some agi/rng tweeks as well.
urizen'sforum

Postby worthing » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:50 am

tropireno wrote:Why not buff cards that are actually unused and worthless instead of buffing perfectly fine ones like Zug and Sea Serpent?

I'd buff the hundreds of bad tier-meh tier cards if we were given permission too. This errata took a few months....If production was a bit faster I would like to buff a lot of cards....not to mention nerf some of the overwhelming cards like catira, but we are focusing all of our attention on horizon based cards.

urizen'sforum wrote:Consider making church nun/knight of the church/brothers at arms/pretender of sun lvl 2 or higher, because flying cavalry was the only thing that made these cards viable.

Gow/reff rush cards still need some agi/rng tweeks as well.

Church nun and brothers in arms are already tier 1-god tier cards you can splash in almost any refess deck. Knight is more specific and is still fine. Pretender gets affected by the calvary nerf as every other file I'd imagine.

Refess has a ton of good rng 2 cards. Or do you mean dual sphere.....you might wanna wait a set or 2...doesn't make much sense thematically to give the 1 rng units more than 1.
worthing

Postby urizen'sforum » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:07 am

there really good in the "op" files(tier 1..), but using them and getting back emerald carbuncle or will o wisp makes them to risky in the other decks, this change wouldn't effect the decks you think are too good(mid reffess) but would make them viable in lvl 3 rushes so why not. You cannot run a reffess lvl 3 file w/0 lvl 1 cards so yes they are 100% useless in these files.
Also consider this lvl 2+restriction on mage knight vanguard, this guy protecting owl sages and your sin fodder feels really gimmicky and out of the spirit of the card.
And for the agi rng tweaking reffess start skills like etoile/lap heavy armor knight dude start skills to make them always work/other tweaks to these not necessarily rng. Gow rush needs a lvl 3 rng 3 card other than princess row two is so crowded with salamanders and lock pixies. Things like Gregory could use agi 2 so you can more frequently use his attack on stuff(salamanders), herirat spy needs agi 1 so it can be more useful/needs his close skill/attack skill to just be a deff=0 no restrictions etc.
urizen'sforum

Postby yamyam » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:48 am

kraken seems good if you can prevent the auto... maybe torife or that ref-lawt anna can do the job. i prefer torife tho, less sphere needed, and you can have fresh kraken each turn... and can even use dogs early to fill up your cem...
Image Image
yamyam

Postby Ropey » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:27 am

Gabo is right. You need put up a full list of exactly what is going to be core. Players will want to update guides and write new ones. New players will want to know things like the best way of adding to starter files. Horizons is going to make a lot of what is currently in the sanctum redundant. Please do this as soon as possible for the sake of the community.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gabotheplaya » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Ropey wrote:Gabo is right. You need put up a full list of exactly what is going to be core. Players will want to update guides and write new ones. New players will want to know things like the best way of adding to starter files. Horizons is going to make a lot of what is currently in the sanctum redundant. Please do this as soon as possible for the sake of the community.

Whoa there ropes... lets not jump the gun. if core is released and then it gets changed, even small changes, would cause massive community (lol) ripple effects because there are people who like X and don't like Y, and if favor tips then people gonna get mad. I'm just saying "peek into core" as in "why is this change reasonable".

see, if serpent had no frog to engage, then its gonna be tanking hits more often than one might like... ergo buff is fair. if everything in a standard classic alteil serpent file is in, then i don't see why we need the buff.

now, cards that got nerfed will likely have all their file archetype's tech in... so is that really the case that made them worth nerfing?

Simple things like that just to get a better big picture without laying it our for public scrutiny. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion