Horizons Core Set Meta

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Horizons Core Set Meta

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:02 am

Hi jazz,

Thx for the corrections. Yes the first is random and second is target. For a lv 4 that is pretty solid since you use her for the open skill-especially potent when you deploy her with the extra 2 sp on hand. Her unit stats are like a lv 2.

Ishtar is awesome All around. Refess art is solid - i always like knights. Lawtia has alot of zombie style art which i'm not into and that insect and hawk/falcon.

I hope we maintain the duchy unit and the 2 headed barbarian or monster which is falkow as is. I really like units that are above or below their normal level with caveats. The duchy unit islv 3 with lv 4 stats but takes dmg on aout based on the number of closed friendly units. The 2 headed unit is lv 5 with lv 6 stats but gets agi reduced from 5 to 0 if it takes dmg ( counter skill).

One other notable skill i am a fan of (though i tend to play mids-bigs) is the lv 2 swordsman gowen unit. Auto skill 0 sp if rival iczer has 10 or more lp it reduces it by 1.

I've always been a fan of law-falkow sphere mix so the sewage octopus unit might be kinda fun - it uses poison.

What is your take on the detective grim? 2 falkow sphere reduction conditional uselv 4 falkow to play cost is 2 sp and returns to file a random lv 4 or below enemy unit? Personally, i think it is ok since the unit is random.

Feast of the dead will likely have to change since it resembles heartbreak though it is 3 sp for a lv 3 and below whereas heartbreak is 3sp for 5 and below.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Ropey » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 pm

A sewer octopus!!! Strange that it is part Falkow as they have no poison stuff. Good chance that Horizons will include both poison and burning. Even if only for the fact they are gimmicky. Does the new set include anything else from these two mechanics?

You two should get together and start a new thread on the new set.

I once did say that new sets should be given to players ahead of release. The balance team could observe for a week or so then recall the set for final tweaks. With a beta testing this could become a reality.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Jazzock wrote:
Callonia wrote:so return grimiore still isn't deleted? Falkow remains one trick pony as usual?

At least there's no tidals to worry about! Safe lv2 opens go!...unless they pull a cyclone out of nowhere... I hate that grim >->

Nope. As long as return and cyclone still exists, falkow will stay one trick pony.
I have seen plenty of abusers spam return and cyclone on a single level 2 unit like aliria while spamming units that oneshot everything at high agility with lots of hp.

Only return I tolerate for some odd reason is the ones from Legyre. After all the falkow player is paying 18 sp for it.

Worthing loves waterspout.

Falkow players hate disjunction for some reason which enable my zagarpwnmobile to start on all those defs abusers.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Ropey wrote:A sewer octopus!!! Strange that it is part Falkow as they have no poison stuff. Good chance that Horizons will include both poison and burning. Even if only for the fact they are gimmicky. Does the new set include anything else from these two mechanics?

Poison, in JP, is a falkow/lawtia thing, and not a lawtia/gowen thing. It also...is basically just burning 2.0 (ie: last forever, doesn't stop them from resting). Now, next set has got... I think one focus unit. And...it's a monster lol.

Ropey wrote:You two should get together and start a new thread on the new set.

I could do it...It'll just take a while, and half the translations are probably off (especially the names, oh god, the names will most likely be completely off).
Also, I don't even know when we're gonna get set 14 lol.

EDIT* Done the preview thing anyway lol.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby victorre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Worthing (or other testers),

I've been testing/practicing a Serpent file as preparation for Core, and I was wondering how the traditional Serpent SS lineup will be affected. Currently my first three slots are POTK Emana, POTK Emana, Rasam, but I'm guessing one or both of those will be gone from Core. Can you talk a bit about what sorts of SS lineups are working for "engager" decks in Core testing?

Thank you!
victorre

Postby Ropey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:42 pm

gabotheplaya wrote:
Stuff got nerfed / buffed with respect to horizons core... Yet we don't know how to build core. Isn't that off? Serpent buff, so I'm guessing frog isn't in?

I guess we will be seeing all the pre builds included. Doll black friday special is almost certain.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Khiruki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 pm

If Princess of the Key/Emana is in core, I will shoot an alpaca.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Ropey » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 pm

I think the Alpacas are safe.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby victorre » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Is POTK Emana even good anymore outside her SS? I haven't seen two files with her since her nerfy thingy—although I stopped playing around that time...
victorre

Postby NitroDino » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

victorre wrote:Is POTK Emana even good anymore outside her SS? I haven't seen two files with her since her nerfy thingy—although I stopped playing around that time...

She is still strong in Mystere files and mermaid lvl3 rush files.
NitroDino

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion