Set 14 Preview (A1)

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 14 Preview (A1)

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:46 am

I have a confession.

I do want to drop a ignition in same turn as my Fire and Gaia fairy soul skill triggers onto my Berdoza and proceed to attack faces.
If he still lives, maybe a flying for fun in next turn to hit that Dilate hiding in the backrow like a little girl.

That'll teach all those gowen abusers a bitter pill of their own medicine if it works.

I think i can have fun with this dude like I do with zagar depending on what happens to him after he goes to usa.

Only time will tell whether alteil attach another cripple conditional on berdoza or not like what they did to zagar the first time.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:29 am

Doesn't dilate still...tank that?

also, which zagar, I don't remember the lv5 zagar being bad lol. But to be fair I didn't pay much attention to him until I got him around a year or so ago.

You could just drop a couple of invis edge on him cause it makes him atk immune for the turn
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Jazzock wrote:Doesn't dilate still...tank that?

also, which zagar, I don't remember the lv5 zagar being bad lol. But to be fair I didn't pay much attention to him until I got him around a year or so ago.

You could just drop a couple of invis edge on him cause it makes him atk immune for the turn

That's because Dilate is OP.

And about that, its the file size issue Still worth thinking about. Flying or invis edge. 1 card slot to 2 card slot. Both got their benefits xD
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 am

I really like the art of the coming set.

About the skills and stats I won't worry for now. I expect at least one trial of errata for the cards outside the core before moving to these.
Anima13

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

I don't even understand why JP made Ishtar's shrine knights like that.. it just now sucks at everything. Cannot do anything meaningful other than take a hit and die to trigger a soul skill fast.

A +lvl buff on a card open when grimiore always go first before unit's open skill can act. :roll: I literally can't even think of a card that would want +lvl on refess that cannot act as return protection.

Edit: Wait i just figured out Ishtar's Shrine Knight's card in set 14's purpose is.. Its to serve as the Blessed Acolyte of garbage for Set 14! ha.
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Callonia wrote:I don't even understand why JP made Ishtar's shrine knights like that.. it just now sucks at everything. Cannot do anything meaningful other than take a hit and die to trigger a soul skill fast.

A +lvl buff on a card open when grimiore always go first before unit's open skill can act. :roll: I literally can't even think of a card that would want +lvl on refess that cannot act as return protection.

Edit: Wait i just figured out Ishtar's Shrine Knight's card in set 14's purpose is.. Its to serve as the Blessed Acolyte of garbage for Set 14! ha.

I have no idea how return mechanisms are in JP, but at least here in my opinion lvling mechanisms have/should have other tasks too, so the expectation of ultimative return dodge is offplace in most cases; especially as refess dont need that anyway :

Ishtar's Shrine Knights can target enemy units too, soo it could be an ideal controltech for some lvl dependent action/soulskill (like rfa, cudgel, squidstart-dodge and many many many many other things).
oh and Blessed acolyte is a decent card in an acolyte deck. :D
Anima13

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Anima13 wrote:
Callonia wrote:I don't even understand why JP made Ishtar's shrine knights like that.. it just now sucks at everything. Cannot do anything meaningful other than take a hit and die to trigger a soul skill fast.

I have no idea how return mechanisms are in JP, but at least here in my opinion lvling mechanisms have/should have other tasks too, so the expectation of ultimative return dodge is offplace in most cases; especially as refess dont need that anyway :

Ishtar's Shrine Knights can target enemy units too, soo it could be an ideal controltech for some lvl dependent action/soulskill (like rfa, cudgel, squidstart-dodge and many many many many other things).
oh and Blessed acolyte is a decent card in an acolyte deck. :D

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Rfa. I hate rfa. so boring I rather pack a soul skill that megabuffs mah whole field to better punch faces in than remove the unit from field.
Assassin SS is so OP that I could use my lvl 4 as a sacrifice and the opponent will never see it coming cuz he expect me to sacrifice my salamander like a wuss and still win despite using mah heierrat Knight/bladerevolverman as sin fodder. xD

Anyways, True.

And it seems like other sphere's equivalents is.
Lawtia got Crest Exorcist which -30 atk to a target unit.
Gowen got Minotaur axe soldier which +30 atk to target unit.
Falkow gets nothing unless Sky Knights of Regus counts. Level-less return on a level 4 card. So 11 sp to return anything you want. Undodgeable unless you keep falkow drained of their SP.
Refess gets Ishtar's Shrine Knights which is +3 level to a target unit.

All card's open effect lasts for 1 turn only.

I can expect to see Crest Exorcist chilling with undeads for anyone that don't have that lvl 2 mage which basically do same thing but with grimbane when on field.

Minotaur will be polishing Dilate's sword for even more pwnage and soul skill triggering for fieldwipe fast wins and with following turn dilate gets hit with invis edge to noob slash two rows while you only can kill the minotaur to trigger rasam etc on ur units.

Falkow returns even more stuff and guarantees that enemy cannot dodge them at all, what you played Aria? Your Aria gets removed from the field then return spam commences again next turn. I think this one might see play in big falkow which haz sp.

Refess levels stuff up for removal or Soul skill/Bringerpwnage murder of enemy units on field like cudgel and bringer.

Now I feel like falkow is the one that got the shaft this set.
They're still one trick pony that relies on OP High hp units with high agility and high atk and spams returns.

I wonder what JP falkow players felt like when that set released for them.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:59 am

Callonia wrote:They're still one trick pony that relies on OP High hp units with high agility and high atk and spams returns.

High HP? Isn't Falkow's HP...like the worst out of the 4 spheres? The rest...yeah pretty much.

Also, isn't refess the master race in JP? At least it was when I last played a1. which was a while ago.

EDIT* Sorry, Lawt has the worst HP on average...falkow a very close second.
They also apparently have the lowest average base attack... (now to be fair, that is including the cards with 0ATK but get ATK based no other things like AGI and sphere level/grimcount)
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby worthing » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Wow I forgot what the jp versions did, the cards look a lot different now, look forward to set 14 soon! "tsun" tm
worthing

Postby Callonia » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:50 am

Jazzock wrote:
Callonia wrote:They're still one trick pony that relies on OP High hp units with high agility and high atk and spams returns.

High HP? Isn't Falkow's HP...like the worst out of the 4 spheres? The rest...yeah pretty much.

Also, isn't refess the master race in JP? At least it was when I last played a1. which was a while ago.

EDIT* Sorry, Lawt has the worst HP on average...falkow a very close second.
They also apparently have the lowest average base attack... (now to be fair, that is including the cards with 0ATK but get ATK based no other things like AGI and sphere level/grimcount)

Well 40 hp is alot when you're trying to stab them with 20-25 atk when lapierre gets removed via return spam XD In that situation, knights usually may not have even one shot to hit because they all dead by high agi oneshotters.
Callonia

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion