Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Official News and Announcements

Re: Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Postby ValVolt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:42 am

deathmasterb, feel free to join this thread for discussing the pairing mechanism: http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=13& ... =viewtopic
There's already quite extensive discussions on the topic !

Vlt.
Support the Johnny Arena project !
ValVolt

Postby Pancakes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:17 pm

yeah my first battle in the level 10+ arena I got paired with a level 60 maybe and yeah...game didn't last for very long, it wasn't even necessary for me to quit.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Pandion » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:29 am

deathmasterb wrote:I think the most common reason a person gives up on turn 1 is because they know the battle is pointless. Face it, if you're a new level 10 in Folrart, and you've been randomly paired up with a level 50 ranking person with a rating over 2000, is there even any point in battling them? I think users are just leaving and re-searching for battles until they find someone their level, so they can enjoy the game. Personally, I only battle a high level if I see they're using common cards, so I can learn from their strategy. These strategies tend to work, until you end up against someone with 3 copies of 3 rarity 5 cards. Then there's not a whole lot you can do.

To prevent people from surrendering early, what if we just had a battle pairing system where you can only fight people within 100 or 200 RP of you? Or a slightly bigger range. I just don't think a 1300-1400 RP vs 2000+ RP battle is very fun, for either person.

I get what you are saying but i have fought people of much higher RP and still beat them not often but i have
Pandion

Postby deathmasterb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah, I've beaten some high RP players as well, but my account around half a year old now and I'm level 20 with much better cards. I don't play as much as I used to, but I still win sometimes in the difficult arena.
deathmasterb

Postby VinegarSoda » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:14 pm

I'm a little worried about logouts. Last night, I got disconnected three times, twice at the start of battles. I'm worried the system might mistake that for cheating habits if it happens unusually often to someone. It's not likely, but it could happen.

Logouts suck. ;attack
Refess Pimp...in training.

;a41
VinegarSoda

Postby Phenoca » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:21 pm

deathmasterb wrote:To prevent people from surrendering early, what if we just had a battle pairing system where you can only fight people within 100 or 200 RP of you? Or a slightly bigger range. I just don't think a 1300-1400 RP vs 2000+ RP battle is very fun, for either person.

These are my favourite battles, actually.
Exception: Dagon
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby WhiteReaper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Well the problem with playing people within 200-300 RP would only work if we had more than 20 players online at a time consistently. It takes long enough to get a match sometimes as it is. There would be no point in playing most of the time for anyone over 2000 RP because there just isn't enough player and getting past 1800 RP would be nearly impossible as you couldn't get a match.
WhiteReaper

Postby worthing » Wed May 27, 2009 2:11 pm

is camping an offence?
worthing

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:14 pm

i think not, otherwise quite many would have been already punished for camping for RP (just an example)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby fargone » Wed May 27, 2009 7:32 pm

What is camping?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart