Help with my gowen deck

Strategies and Card File Construction

Help with my gowen deck

Postby MyPixelGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 10:14 pm

gowen is the only sphere i couldn't figure out how to make a sucessful deck with (sucess being 90 percent + win rate)

maybe there's something crucial that i'm missing about gowen rush?

here's my deck

souls:

dryad soldier
fighter pixie
assasin
lappiere sensei
skeleton warrior

cards:

archer scoutx2 (works exactly like exploding spores except if it doesn't dies then it continues to generate sp)
combat monk x3
heierrat army x3
Der F. x2
mercenary x3
ex primose x3
primose x1
dryad
salamander x3

grimores:

rapid growthx1
ball of flames x1 (my theory is ex primose can act like a grimore and so can primose, dryad, and salamander, so that's y lack of grimores)

it loses to allind, primclone, en, em, fierte soul skill, rivera pretty much anything top teir or any unique strategies

what's the secret behind top teir gowen players? how can my deck improve? I have most of the gowen cards if its needed to replace any of my current ones, besides kurina cuz that's a 3star. Also I have 2 copies of dilate i wanted to try out cuz it looks cool, but not sure how it's supposed to be used. It seems like a level 5 version of samurai girl to me.
MyPixelGirl

Re: Help with my gowen deck

Postby DarthRaider » Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Got a descent modified starter deck, but having winning rate of 90% and above is hard (unless you keep playing against a lot of newbies or got incredible card/skill).

First of all, you're lacking good units. You don't have much units that can last long. Mercenary is good, but that's not enough. Everyone else die easily since they all have less than 50HP. By the way, I don't know what's "Der F."

Secondly, you should realize what's your weakness after you play some games. Realize your cards die so easily? Can't kill high DF cards? Frustrated by high level cards? When you start finding weakness, you should change your cards and/or playing style a bit.

Hopefully this helps you a bit. :)

EDIT:
Archer Scout is not like Exploding Spore.
If you're using Scout as a starting unit, her 20 HP can't keep up to use SP generating skill.

Dilate is good to add.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >:D

My Accounts:
BurninNuckle - Gowen
RisingOcean - Falkow
HeavenWingz - Refess
DarthRaider - Lawtia
DarthRaider

Postby Skewer » Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Try exploding spore - blitz soldier with fierte SS in first slot. That should help against all those big decks. If you see someone skip the first turn, explode the spores because they will almost guaranteed play a level 3 card so you drain at least 3 sphere.

DarthRaider wrote:Archer Scout is not like Exploding Spore.
If you're using Scout as a starting unit, her 20 HP can't keep up to use SP generating skill.

She means to use it as a sacrifice unit like Exploding Spore, unless of course no one kills it, in which case she'll get free sp. As a sacrifice unit though, I would only put one in my deck.
Skewer

Postby Gota » Sun May 31, 2009 12:28 am

hmm, I think you should either push asssassin to second slot, and put a 40x2 SS 3rd.

Or leave assassin in 3rd and put a 40x2 in second slot.

If no 40x2, use a 40 and +1SP, if none of those either, then I guess the one you have is ok.

Or have 2nd and 4th slot as assassin and 3rd slot with 20xgowen dmg/or any dmg SS you want, then a 3LP at end.

I would replace the 3x heierrat army with 3x blitz soldier, and replace the 3x EX primrose with 3x bazgar, if no bazgar, I guess dilate then.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby MyPixelGirl » Sun May 31, 2009 3:23 am

i've tried the idea with a high rarity damage soul skill and using dilate and blitz soldier, and it definitely feels pretty solid. but then i played en and fierte soul skill again and it still falls apart. don't think it will win against other top teirs either, but it does feel like it have more field dominance and consistency.

i'll try the fierte soul skill idea once i get a fierte.

thanks for the inputs

der F. is that german card that shield breaks and is kinda anti-guardian
MyPixelGirl

Postby Skewer » Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 am

I've never tried it myself, but Fighter Pixy might also do wonders against primclone/big whatever...in fact any deck that relies on a few high rarity cards. But it's a pretty weak card otherwise so its got its downsides. Just throwing it out there.
Skewer

Postby camila » Sat May 04, 2013 2:41 am

I really like it! I'll always appreciate your brief sharing in this awesome stuffs ;a30 ;loading
camila

Postby sunbunman » Sat May 04, 2013 6:24 am

camila wrote:I really like it! I'll always appreciate your brief sharing in this awesome stuffs ;a30 ;loading

Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 am

camila wrote:I really like it! I'll always appreciate your brief sharing in this awesome stuffs ;a30 ;loading

wtf? He doesn't even have a link advertising WoW gold either.
Romdeau

Return to Annarose's Sanctum