How to Get Gran

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

How to Get Gran

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 pm

How to Get Gran

Many a new player have asked about gran and fight money. What they are, how to obtain them and how they differ. This article will focus on gran and how to obtain it

Gran is your main currency for buying in-game materials: cards, avatar equipment, entrance into tournaments. Gran is different than fight money, the other form of currency; currently there is no way to buy cards with fight money.

There are many ways to obtain gran. Listed below are all possibles ways to obtain Gran and in-depth details on each.

Cashier

Gran can be obtained in the Cashier via Credit Card or Paypal. Here is a conversion chart of how much Gran you get at each price:

* 50 Gran for $.50 ($.01 = 1 Gran)
* 150 Gran for $1.50 ($.01 = 1 Gran)
* 500 Gran for $5.00 ($.01 = 1 Gran)
* 1100 Gran for $10.00 ($.01 = 1.1 Gran)
* 1800 Gran for $16.00 ($.01 = 1.125 Gran)
* 2300 Gran for $20.00 ($.01 = 1.15 Gran)
* 3600 Gran for $30.00 ($.01 = 1.2 Gran)
* 6000 Gran for $50.00 ($.01 = 1.2 Gran)
* 12000 Gran for $100.00 ($.01 = 1.2 Gran)

Mirage Master

Gran can be obtained by playing Mirage Master. You will get Gran on your first win per day only. After that you fight money instead. Here is what you can win at each level of difficulty and mode:
Mirage Master Beginner Intermediate
Advanced
* 1 1 1
** 3 5 5
*** 5 10 15
**** 10 15 20
Jr. Pro/Pro/Master 15 20 30

Recycle

Gran can be obtained by the Recycle feature. Each card that has a rarity can be recycled, which means starter cards cannot be recycled. Each card has a Recycle value based on rarity, the higher the rarity, the more Gran you get.
Recycling Value
5 gran
10 gran
30 gran
150 gran
300 gran
EX Varies

Weekly Ranking Allowance

Every week, all players who played at least once in Crest or Folrart get 10 Gran. Further Gran rewards are given on a point system based off of wins/losses during each week. 2 points for each win, 1 point for a draw and -1 for each loss. Gran equal to total amount of points is rewarded Monday of every week. 10 Gran is the minimum you can receive, you cannot get negative Gran or Gran below 10.

Prize Card

A Prize Card offers a player either a real-world prize or 150 Gran (via recycling). You can win them by playing the lottery.

Treasure Battles

You can win cards via dueling in the arena randomly. The battles are referred to as treasure battles. Although you don't get gran directly, you can take that card and Recycle it for Gran in the shop if you wish.

Events

There are many events throughout the months that offer Gran as rewards. Offical events that have offered free Gran as rewards include: Days of Illusion, Guild Wars and The Many Faces of the Hallowed Eve.

Ongoing Events (you can win various prizes such as point cards and gran)

* Challenge of the Fortnight
* Across the Spectrum
* Card Flip Theater

Serial Numbers

You can get Serial Numbers and Promotional Codes which, depending on the promotion, give you free Gran. These are given out on special occasions such as convention sign ups.

What does this mean to me?

Playing Mirage Master everyday is a big extra gran bonus. Most players choose Beginner - **** or Intermediate - *** These offer a decent challenge and enough gran to get at least one card from the lottery from the shop. Duel in the arena as much as possible to get at least 10 gran on Mondays. Recycle cards that you have four or more of. Remember: you can only have three in your deck at once. This should help you on your way to building a respectable card file.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: How to Get Gran

Postby velosius » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 am

um....sry for complaining ^^ but quick question, you get cards everytime you level up, but is there a current list of it so i can plan out my deck in advance after i level up?
velosius

Postby Logress » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:42 am

"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phenoca » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Oh I had thought all of them were random.
But I did not know there was a list.

Wait. I play with two accounts (this is allowed, since I cannot trade cards), and the choices are always the same.

Wow - it would have been nice to have dragons to choose from when I started playing (I think I got... Expert Sorcerer).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Professor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Ok, two days ago I bought 20$ worth of Gran.

My browser (Mozilla Firefox) had an error when completing the process (when coming away from my bank account confirming the purchase, the last page I saw said something positive about completion). Possibly a problem? Isn't the system compatible with Mozilla?

Also my email account was apparently inactivated when I checked it right after the purchase. I activated it by logging in to it then, but I haven't received an email to date. If I remember correctly, I was supposed to be sent one.

Main guestions:
1) Do you agree that the purchase was actually completed?
2) Was the email sent to me immediatly and I missed it by activating it a bit late? (and if not, when should I expect it to come?)
3) Was the email important?
4) When does the Gran come to my account if I didn't **** it up too bad already? Because it hasn't.
Professor

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Mr. Prof, if you haven't got a response right now, the fastest and least painful way to get a response from a GM is PM all of them at once asking about your issue with the details.
Romdeau

Postby malchan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:48 pm

i battled in folrart 5 times this week. I had 3(6p) victories and 2(-2) losses. this should give me 14 gran for the rankings (10 + 6 - 2) but instead i only earned 10 gran. am i understanding this right or does the point based gran come at a different time?
malchan

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:07 pm

If you have above 10 weekly points then you get that amount, if less than you get just 10.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Zanador » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:08 pm

malchan wrote:i battled in folrart 5 times this week. I had 3(6p) victories and 2(-2) losses. this should give me 14 gran for the rankings (10 + 6 - 2) but instead i only earned 10 gran. am i understanding this right or does the point based gran come at a different time?

You get the gran of the points you earned, 6-2=4, but coz 4<10, you will receive 10 gran. That 10 gran isnt additional.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby malchan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:10 pm

oh i see now. i thought that you gained aditional gran with the 10.
malchan

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom