Magic the Gathering

TCG's

Magic the Gathering

Postby Thundering » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Ok me myself am a Big big time Magic junkie being playing since the start basically I love the game I just am heart broken I can't use my Alpha Decks/Cards in tourys unless it's a even match

I just wanted to know who all plays and what you run and what edition if you wanna tell

me Myself I run mostly a Merfolk Burn deck or a Forest Token Deck or a Black Leech Deck for Tourys .But my Fav deck is my Black Alpha Deck and My Blue Alpha Deck which i use for alpha event matchs which are rare.

I'm not sure where I stand as cards among other vets but I think am near the top cause I a card shop was going to close and at the time and everything card wise was 90% off basically cause of it I spent around 2k that day and got a good payback cause of some of some of the cards I got cheap and sold a few and made my money back. But ya wanted to know who all plays and how long and what not

Edit I wanted to list some of the cards that had errors I have when they where just alpha cause some vets may remember these and also list some of my most fav

Volcanic Islan Sedge Troll Circle of Protection Cyclopean Tomb ( This had no casting cost, at as it's error so brutal)Circle of Protection Force of Nature Orcish Artillery Elvish Archers Orcish Artillery Orcish Oriflamme Force of Nature Red Elemental Blast Phantasmal Forces Phantasmal Forces Volcanic Islan

Also a old school card i have I wanna share with all is the Chaos Orb

Also some of the strongest cards magic wise in the game IMO and I like using
Ancestral Recall
Time Walk
Timetwister
Black Lotus
The Power Nine
The Set as I call them
Mox Pearl, Mox Sapphire, Mox Jet, Mox Ruby, Mox Emerald
Thundering

Re: Magic the Gathering

Postby Grain » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Because of this game, people call Refess white.
Grain

Postby Thundering » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Grain wrote:Because of this game, people call Refess white.

I know but the game is fun though
Thundering

Postby Grain » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Thundering wrote:

Because of this game, people call Lawtia black. I once met a person who called Gowen red-green because it has nature-esque cards.
Grain

Postby Thundering » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Grain wrote:
Thundering wrote:

Because of this game, people call Lawtia black. I once met a person who called Gowen red-green because it has nature-esque cards.

Hey it's just human reference recantation we try to identify other things with things we already know to make to easier
Thundering

Postby lupos » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:46 am

That's been happening a lot here at gencon. In fact we often use magic and other games to explain Alteil to new players. Good for deck choice.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Thundering » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:02 pm

lupos wrote:That's been happening a lot here at gencon. In fact we often use magic and other games to explain Alteil to new players. Good for deck choice.

Man I wish I went though I was offered but I didn't go cause of a Underground toury that happens over here very month and they had a big prize this month and I wont but now I wanna goto GenCon damn

O well at least winning the Toury over here with my Alpha deck made my day then

600$ and 22 Booster Packs
Thundering

Postby Eladin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

played with my older brother's Alpha decks when i first got into it, but i started owning my own cards at around the 4th edition era. (good lord...i was ten)

the entire family got into it, pretty good stuff. and i was second best next to my oldest brother. it was awesome. i made a deck for every color, and one of every and none (or tried) consisting strictly of gold cards and artifacts. i made mixed decks, theme decks, weenie decks, everything. up until the cards were stolen.
still, great times. i fell off somewhere around the Exodus/Stronghold era though honestly. i don't know if i was just too set in the older sets or something, but it seemed like they were just introducing a bunch of random abilities that didn't really have a purpose other than to make it look like the game was changing...or something. i don't know. it's been a while since i've played though. i kinda miss it. especially buying a new booster for Homelands and praying to get my bloody Baron Sengir, only to find like my fifteenth Eron the Relentless.

*sigh* the memories. :P

i did the best with my red/black deck. i just love burning the field and watching people's faces turn red with anger, and doing direct damage to them over and over again. :D
Eladin

Postby Lordbo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 am

I started playing around the 5th edition but really got into it with the Invasion set, which was probably one the best set ever imo.

Since then, I mainly played blue/white control, starting from the white blue T2 Mercadia/Invasion using Blinding angel to lock the game.

Then I turned to Scepter-Chant when Mirrodin came out and got now a pretty stable deck in T1.5, only missing a few bilands.

Last sets were quite interesting as well but the game is quite money consuming if you want to be able to play at a competitive level and do not have a lot of friends (still) playing. Therefore the only tournaments I go to are previews and launch party (T3) as it is always a good and fun experience to discover a new edition.

I still play casual some times with my friends and our metagame is quite interesting: black suicide, solution, sligh old school, blitz sligh, reanimator, mind games ... etc.
Lordbo

Postby Phenoca » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Thundering wrote:Chaos Orb

Lol.

What if it lands on your deck?

I've never played. Except for the "what is your MtG colour"? And I'm brown.
Phenoca

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt