Card Game: Elements

TCG's

Re: Card Game: Elements

Postby Eladin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 pm

playing it now actually. i wanted so not to pick an aether deck since it was mentioned here already...but it was the one that said it had lightning...and i like lightning.

(that sounded odd didn't it?)
Eladin

Postby Harterial » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:@ Haterial, so even grinding everything aint good enough? :P
Also they have only 1st set of cards.

Grind is never fun. It's repetitive. T-T Besides, before your deck is fully upgraded, most players don't take seriously to PvP.
There seems plenty of cards, which is nice - dunno about them getting a second set.

I think I've been spoiled by Alteil. Drawing a hand with no pillars in a 17 pillar (30 card) deck and REPEATEDLY getting creature cards is downright annoying. It's happened to me multiple times. Random hands does provide an additional element of strategy, but luck really plays a big role in the game. It was refreshing at first, but it inevitably began to irritate. -.- Hey, I like staying in control. :D

I guess the upside to Elements is that no deck is truly overpowered - the downside is that you'll only be seeing at most 3 types of decks in the higher game. Rainbow with upgraded Quantum Towers is the most popular - Mono Aether (of course, all upgraded) is another. FFQ decks seem be more rare in top 50 decks.

It's all about grind. Getting all your cards upgraded (with a few exceptions like Fire Fly Queen - don't want your fireflies producing fire element). Because that's a must.

Oh, for false gods, I've been having a consistent 50% success rate with my Mono Aether. Best un-upgraded deck for beating False Gods in my opinion. :/ And cheap to boot. (always beats Miracle and Incarnate, generally Morte too - they hardly ever use their steals)
Grain wrote:No fate eggs. It's Firefly Queen + Boneyard + Bone Shield + Empathic Bond. And there are a couple of Otyughs in the mix.

That's impressive. Striking the right balance of cards so you can draw the cards you need consistently is very difficult, especially in rainbow-decks. Unless you've upgraded all your cards.
Harterial

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I lately didn't play it since upgraded cards in at least few spheres is such a damn must have for variety and i got bored of playing only black dragon rush. -.-
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 pm

I played it finally... and i honestly don't understand the point at all :/

Oh well, back to Alteil
luckysvn777

Postby Eladin » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:I played it finally... and i honestly don't understand the point at all :/

win?

i was, yeah...i don't know...it had some things that were kind of ok about it.
didn't like how few cards there were at the bazaar, not that i got that far or anything, so maybe more open up? but still, i like card variety.

harterial wrote: Hey, I like staying in control.

umm...

"ok, just have to kill the unit in the center. ATK, and...no dammit! I said center!"

just sayin. :)

i don't think there's such a thing as a card game without a degree of luck integrated into it. i think it's meant to somehow balance out some matches just being overly one sided? maybe? don't know.
Eladin

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, what I meant was, after a bunch of matches, the entire game seemed to boil down to "who can get the most units out the fastest with the biggest attack wins"... every strategy seemed like a rush :/

Except for that one unit that can easily destroy a ton of units and grow stronger. That's just cheap.

I mean, its not bad. I'd play it here and there when i'm bored and feel like something mindless as an alternative to Alteil. But i'm not wasting a cent on that.
luckysvn777

Postby Eladin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:49 am

lol. i know what you meant. and yeah, it pretty much does usually seem as though all you need is the most units on the field doing the max damage since there's no blocking or anything anyways really.
Eladin

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 am

That's why fire shield and aether shield can be too much.
Peralisc2

Postby Kamerynn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Titanium shield can be too much against weenies. The bone wall can be too much against dragon decks (and it gains a charge whenever a unit dies, so bring out the plagues, virus cards, otyugh, and vultures). Ice shield can shut down creatures for 3 rounds each after they attack and also blocks for 1; it can provide a heavy delay for both weenies and dragons.

Everyone needs a shield; don't play without one, or at least don't play without some way of stealing your opponent's. Never play without multiple cards that can destroy them. If you do, they could end up being too much for you.
Kamerynn

Postby Eladin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 pm

i honestly sort of think aether shield isn't that big of a deal. the one that freezes is though. or for that matter most of the shields that aren't timed, they're just there. i mean, it's obvious why aether is timed, but still.
Eladin

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt