All about Avatars

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

All about Avatars

Postby Logress » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 pm

I never really got a chance to go into detail before, so let me do that now.

The Avatar system can be accessed from the Avatar Management button in the My Iczer page, and the Avatar section of the shop. There are six categories of Avatar. Main body, Equipment, Background, Moral Support, accessories, and Items.

General -- All avatars can be purchased with either Gran, Fight Money, both, or one or the other. Look below the Avatar to see what payment options are available. Before you buy anything, hit the "Preview" button to see what it looks like on your avatar. This makes sure it looks right. There are lots of strange and unusual avatars around, and not all of them look right with all of the equipment or backgrounds. The Avatar system may also stop you from using equipment not designed for your pose.

Main Body -- This is the basic type. There are three basic poses. Knight: Avatar has both his hands apart, good for holding a sword and a shield. Warrior: Avatar has his hands together, good for holding two handed weapons. Wizard: one hand his across his chest, good for holding staves. In addition, the Beta avatars are looking in the other direction to make them stand out. They may or may not look good with different equipment, so be sure to try out different things. There is also something called Paper Doll Avatars. These are designed to be used with the outfits, gear and armors for sale in the equipment tab that are tagged "PD ADDS".

Equipment -- This covers most objects held in your Avatar's hands, like weapons, and clothes and gear for Paper Doll Avatars. They are designed to be used for different poses, and will be designated as such.

Background -- Different locations from the Chronicles of Lavato. They work with any Avatar, but be sure to hit Preview to make sure you don't clash!

Moral Support -- No comment about the Japanese having sake in this section. These avatar add-ons are pets, and they work with most any Avatar. Because of the way the system is set up right now, you can not have a pet and an accessory at the same time. This is just as well since most accessories, like the teddy bear and the bag, take up the same area as a pet normally would, and would overlap.

Accessory -- This is a kind of extra category for cheap but nifty add ons that help personalize your Avatar a little bit more. Glasses are very popular among the Iczers, and I think Lupos is the only GM without a teddy bear. Accessories work with most Avatars, but not all. Please use the "Preview" to make sure they look good. Right now, you can't have both an accessory and a pet active at the same time.

Items -- These are potions, oils and incenses. They have limited uses and they convey some real benefit to your Iczer. While they don't effect the outcome of duels, they do effect the rate in which your Iczer progresses, and gets treasure battles.

Special section: Partners
Partners are Characters from the game and story who stand by you and talk to you as you play (though text), giving simple advice, cheering you on, and sometimes taunting your enemy. One could say that Partners are similar to the Paper Clip from Word, but my answer to that is that is that the Paper Clip isn't sexy, isn't a maid, and doesn't call you "Master." Enough said.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: All about Avatars

Postby enerccio » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:53 pm

why don't we have sake too? :D :mrgreen:
enerccio

Postby teasel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 am

firefox crash everytime i try to enter the "accessory" section
any idea why?
teasel

Postby Logress » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:34 am

That used to happen to me with the old version of Firefox. Try updating it to 3.0.1. Also, I find it helps stability a lot in the shop if you wait until all the images load wherever you are before switching to another section or another page.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby DWildstar » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 pm

I don't think many people have noticed yet, but we have a Tech Support page now which might help in the future if you're having troubles with Alteil.
DWildstar

Postby Harion » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:45 pm

i think the only real useful item to buy in the avatar section
is that ultimate potion where your chances of treasure battles, xp and fm gain increases
when you have it on your avatar

you can only buy it with gran
but it's quite nifty

i plan on getting one myself
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby MyPixelGirl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 pm

instead you can buy 150 cards from lottery x_x.

seriously how is the potions worth the cash?

unless if you plan to beat mavel all 10 times then it's definitely worth the cost.
MyPixelGirl

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:44 am

Fine then, you camp him with 3x water dragon SS and i with 3x night dragon SS.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Pandaman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 pm

What does avatar do beside look?
Pandaman

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Leave an impression, transmit a message, give a certain feeling.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom