Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Official News and Announcements

Re: Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Postby Zanador » Wed May 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Basically waiting for someone to finish his match and pressing the "search" button then and hope to be matched up with him. For whatever reason.. maybe you just want to talk to him, but he is never on the chat, tho this is a rather rare case. I think its a rather harmless or at least natural act, since it can be avoided by simply searching for another game a minute later, but of course im not someone anyone would camp for. Tho i would agree if someone said it can be really annoying in large scale.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Vasheed » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:06 am

Zanador wrote:Basically waiting for someone to finish his match and pressing the "search" button then and hope to be matched up with him. For whatever reason.. maybe you just want to talk to him, but he is never on the chat, tho this is a rather rare case. I think its a rather harmless or at least natural act, since it can be avoided by simply searching for another game a minute later, but of course im not someone anyone would camp for. Tho i would agree if someone said it can be really annoying in large scale.

Just as likely to get the person he was matched up against or another iczer just logged in. When I look at the list of matches I look it mostly to avoid a bad match up. If I know a certain deck crushes my own and see hes on turn 3 I'm not very likely to draw him. If I see hes on Turn 17 I might want to go watch a match before queing up. In WoW arenas they called it "que dodging".
Vasheed

Postby Nerdyfro » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:26 pm

What about stalling? Isn't that considered poor sportsmanship? Once the game is lost...just stop playing and force the other person to wait 5 min if they want their win. I just had the same person do it to me twice in a row (which incidentally I didn't think was possible...played him again about 30 min after I played him the first time)...but he stalled out both times once he was down to 3 LP or so and I got a field wipe...then I wait for 5 minutes before I actually get my win. At least it's only 5 minutes, but if people consistently doing it...they're just making it less fun for everyone else...
I consider myself a "free" player because I never spent any of my own money on Alteil.

However, I did get free gran from
Nerdyfro

Postby Otonashi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 pm

So where do you send reports about poor sportsmanship nowadays?
Otonashi

Postby Galandros » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Otonashi wrote:So where do you send reports about poor sportsmanship nowadays?

What I suggest is to capture a screen image of the offense and then email a GM.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby kronoCore » Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 pm

I have a question (not really sure if it goes here).
Normally some matches have a delay (the first time I had one tought my flashplayer was malfunctioning, but after post on the chat realized it was only lag), however a couple of times I´ve been disconnected. The question is if this is normal.

I used to play W3 Dota and there was a hack to disconnect your opponent from the game (diskhack). I think I saw it used in UR as well (I say I think because the only one I had seen before was the W3 hack) but since it´s a page with a small flash embeved you could always reload the page to fix the problem. However Alteil doesn´t give you that option, so it´s just my imagination and there´s no bad intentions from the other player when you get disconnected or is realy a poor sportmanship conduct that implies a hack?
kronoCore

Postby Spears » Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 am

The existence of a hack is unlikely in my opinion because all our top rp players clearly got there legitimately-ish.
Spears

Postby Khalida » Wed May 18, 2011 6:33 am

I think people who always win by opponents disconnects will soon be revealed by the gm's. Better player won't cheat in this game because they usually spent much money and don't want their accounts being banned. And you don't get much from winning matches. The treasure battles aren't worth cheating. The only cheat that makes sense in this game is when you somehow generate gran and that also would be discovered soon.
Khalida

Postby Anima13 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 pm

How about the other way around?
eg if you purposely give up or disconnect to let the other win.

or better:

Is it considered as poor sportmanship If someone play a crappy deck with absolutley low/no chances of winning just for the sake of others so they can get more exp/ garter cards?..... :D
I mean Its absolutely unfair against the other player: they cannot even really enjoy the game that way If they just have to beaat up sensless crappy decks. And such person could have been more fair if he/she let the opponents work for the reward by playing a good deck or none at all.
Should such such a person be reported?
Anima13

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 pm

There has to be a line drawn somewhere, but that's getting pretty close to a grey area. Where do you draw the line so that it punishes people throwing matches on purpose but doesn't punish those that are just genuinely bad at the game? But frankly, in most circumstances I would say it doesn't matter. Only when it's to help/harm specific individuals for high stakes would I think a call has to be made (Like the rumors about a certain guild helping a certain player during a certain event, while stalling against all of the others)
Otonashi

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart