Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction

Postby Logress » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:20 pm

;a33 Here’s the place to go to get started. All the links and text vital to beginning Iczers will be posted here. Also, this is where you can post any questions you have about playing the game. Remember, the only stupid question is the one you didn’t ask, or the one that results in you being visited by the True God Church Inquisition.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

A few quick questions

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:38 pm

I was a little confused in the tutorial about how range worked.

First, do I only attack those directly infront of me, or in the entire row infront of me. For example, my card has range 1 and my opponent has 2 cards in his front row, ones directly in front of my card, ones to the front right. Are both cards considered in my range or just the one directly in front of me?

Second, based on the FAQ range is base on enemies position and not on row. So does this mean my cards in my back row with range 1 are still capable of attacking a card in my opponents back row assuming there are no other opponents cards in the first 2 rows?

Lastly, why exactly is your attack target randomly chosen? This weakens the strategy of the game alot and unnecessarily injects a large amount of luck into determining the winner. Is there a good reason why my target is chosen randomly? I can understand letting the attacker choose the target or the defender choose the target, both are things you can strategically prepare for, but making it random takes away most of that strategy and is something I can see leading to alot of frustration due to bad luck. I just don't really see a good reason for this to occur.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction

Postby LeTrueNoir » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:01 pm

i played the game at a-kon ^^ cant wait will is up if any one of you administrators remember me i was the one at a-kon with real white hear XD all was playing the light deck

:cry:kinda average:cry:
LeTrueNoir

Re: A few quick questions

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Lastly, why exactly is your attack target randomly chosen? This weakens the strategy of the game alot and unnecessarily injects a large amount of luck into determining the winner. Is there a good reason why my target is chosen randomly? I can understand letting the attacker choose the target or the defender choose the target, both are things you can strategically prepare for, but making it random takes away most of that strategy and is something I can see leading to alot of frustration due to bad luck. I just don't really see a good reason for this to occur.

I’m honestly not sure of the range thing myself however as for the last part of your question.. In battle you can't always pick your opponents. Yes I agree it could lead to frustration for the attacker as for the defender a little bit of luck could be a life saver. Or if things happen to go right for the attacker they would likely be allot happier that it did go as planned then if it were the other way. Also if you could pick and choose it would kind of negate the point putting out of lower level cards later in the game.
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Kchark » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:19 pm

First, do I only attack those directly infront of me, or in the entire row infront of me. For example, my card has range 1 and my opponent has 2 cards in his front row, ones directly in front of my card, ones to the front right. Are both cards considered in my range or just the one directly in front of me?

Second, based on the FAQ range is base on enemies position and not on row. So does this mean my cards in my back row with range 1 are still capable of attacking a card in my opponents back row assuming there are no other opponents cards in the first 2 rows?

;a30
A card's range basically tells you how many rows in front of it can be reached by its attacks. So, if a range 2 card is in your front row, it can attack any enemies placed in your enemy's 1st or 2nd rows, even if they are to the left or right of its location. However, if a range 2 card is placed in your *back* row, it cannot attack anything, as there will never be any enemies within two rows of it. Only range 3 creatures can attack from the back row, or at least that's my experience from playing the game. If anybody knows it's different from what I'm saying, please speak up and correct me.
Kchark

Postby lupos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm

lupos
Site Admin

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Also, don't forget that you CAN choose your targets . You just need a unit with a special ability like "Pinpoint" that lets you do so. Most Girmoire cards and Soul Skills also let you choose your targets.

-Logress
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Ok so the reason they made it random was so they could have a separate ability called pinpoint that lets you choose? Eh... not too fond of that justification. I could understand if the defender chose the target by default and the attacker got to choose the target instead if he had pinpoint, but leaving it up to luck be default still doesn't seem like a good way to go about it. After all if I lose to an opponent's superior strategy I just suck it up and try to improve but when I lose to bad luck all I feel is frustrated and cheated. Because of this I prefer games to avoid making luck a factor if it doesn't need to be and it still doesn't seem like it needs to be a factor in this instance to me.

As for the other issues, so apparently range lets you attack anyone within a row thats within range regardless of if they're directly in front of you, good to know. Still a little confused about whether or not your own rows are counted by range (based on that other topic it sounds like they only count if you have a unit of your own in said row), same with opponents rows, sounds like rows only cost you a point of your range if their occupied, so a range 1 can hit some one in the back row if there is no one (friendly or other wise) in the rows between them, but maybe I'm still confused on that issue.

Regardless thank you to everyone whose tried to help me.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:48 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Still a little confused about whether or not your own rows are counted by range

if a card has a range of two and you put it in row two it can only atack the ones in row one on your opponants side. however if there isn't anyone in row one it goes to row two, and so on.. that way a person cant hide all there cards on row 3 if thier loseing and draw the game.. if i'm understanding things right..
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:39 pm

If I'm correct, I believe that only occupied rows count, whether they are your own or your opponents. I'm slightly mystified as to how the phases of day pass along. One phase passes per turn? Per pair of turns? Also, can you pick your Soul Cards?

-Az

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom