Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby Romdeau » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Couldn't find a better place to put this, but I observe a lot of players are asking for advice as to how to best spend their gran still...and this is what I have to say in a short paragraph about it.

Who buys what is a really personal decision from my experience, it depends on a few factors:

1. How committed are you to this game-are you in it for the long haul or are you just kinda here for the ride until you get bored.
2. Are you willing to spend money? If so, what kinda budget do you have in mind?
3. What cards do you have? What do you enjoy playing the most?
4. Where can you get the most enjoyment from your buck?

The EX cards are ridiculously overpriced but have some cool abilities, so I've decided to spend free gran on them because right now I have almost all the 3 stars and lower-it's just silly to chase after the 4 and 5 stars IMO.
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7417
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby mijorre » Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am

Another important point I want to highlight.
I just beat a Gowen Sphere player. With his worst match-up.
The last thing you want to do is time out at that point.
Seriously, there is a 'give up' button on the screen.
If you really cannot win (for example, if I get two day turns against EM, I know my EN won't win), just click that.
It makes everyone seem more intelligent and it shows some respect to the skills of your opponent.
mijorre
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby Xuande » Tue May 12, 2009 8:50 am

But don't use Give Up against Primclone because people get upset when you do that. They want to savor their auto-wins.
Primclone=Broken (now a Lv1 guild!) Don't waste my time pretending you want a fair match. Own up to it so you can get your free RP and I can play someone else.
Xuande
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 am

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby 091846 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 am

Xuande wrote:But don't use Give Up against Primclone because people get upset when you do that. They want to savor their auto-wins.

just click it because you say it is broke force ppl to give up so it is broke
091846
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby Pancakes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Romdeau wrote:Couldn't find a better place to put this, but I observe a lot of players are asking for advice as to how to best spend their gran still...and this is what I have to say in a short paragraph about it.

Who buys what is a really personal decision from my experience, it depends on a few factors:

1. How committed are you to this game-are you in it for the long haul or are you just kinda here for the ride until you get bored.
2. Are you willing to spend money? If so, what kinda budget do you have in mind?
3. What cards do you have? What do you enjoy playing the most?
4. Where can you get the most enjoyment from your buck?

The EX cards are ridiculously overpriced but have some cool abilities, so I've decided to spend free gran on them because right now I have almost all the 3 stars and lower-it's just silly to chase after the 4 and 5 stars IMO.


No, this is a failure on the company's part not to give out official stats on what will be in what kind of purchases. They shouldn't force their customers to have to guess and make real money purchasing decisions based on rumor, hearsay, and myth.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
User avatar
Pancakes
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:03 am

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby Demongod » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Furthermore, it's hardly a skill transition. Anyone who says that is lying, plain and simple. In any CCG, there's always going to be some sort of metagame. That metagame is going to be filled with decks that are in it for a reason, and that reason is that they do well somewhere or other. Gowen Rush, for instance, is in there because it can be achieved organically through a free deck.

However, there are other decks such as guardian-type decks that the only chance you really have against them is if you have specific counter-cards to their key strategies. For instance, the reason that Big decks work is that not everyone has a Fierte the Shield Coat to SS and drop sphere levels to zero. The reason that guardian decks are so good is that not every deck comes with assassin SSs, and nor does Gowen Rush come with a playset of mercs.

If it did, the guardian deck wouldn't be as good as it is.

The basic gameplay in Alteil is pretty simple. Set one critter at a time to gain board control. If you're jousting for board control, use grimoires or open skills to augment your board control since they don't have a one turn lag. Time your soul skills to use as extra grimoires when your critters die.

Yes, the nuances of different matchups matter, but overall, they're just that--nuances. If someone uses a card that hoses your entire deck, you're not going to "outplay" that. You're going to have to deal with that one card. And in some cases, there is a very thin set of cards that counter said card or said strategy. If you have it and you can use it correctly, you win. If you don't have it, however, you lose horribly.

And of course, all the starters don't have all the cards necessary to deal with every single threat in the book out there. Hence those that pay big bucks or play for a long time or whichever get access to cards whose counters are less likely to appear among the majority of players.

I think lots of players know this but yet keep parroting the "SKILL UP, NOOB!" argument.

Trust me if it was that easy, I'd gladly be doing so by now.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod
 
Posts: 1951
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby crimsonshade » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 am

Demongod wrote:And of course, all the starters don't have all the cards necessary to deal with every single threat in the book out there. Hence those that pay big bucks or play for a long time or whichever get access to cards whose counters are less likely to appear among the majority of players.


Beginner's packs will. And theyre practically free.
User avatar
crimsonshade
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby TLHM » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 am

Demongod wrote:Yes, the nuances of different matchups matter, but overall, they're just that--nuances. If someone uses a card that hoses your entire deck, you're not going to "outplay" that. You're going to have to deal with that one card. And in some cases, there is a very thin set of cards that counter said card or said strategy. If you have it and you can use it correctly, you win. If you don't have it, however, you lose horribly.

It's not nearly so black and white. Unless your deck depends solely on one card, which it really shouldn't. And even then, its usually possible to come back from a major blow. And in most cases, there are many cards or strats that can beat a given card or strat, and you can pull something together. Sure, sometimes a deck pretty much stomps your strat, but that happens even to EM and Prim. You don't seem to understand how important the whole strategy and actual playing part of this is.
Image
TLHM
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby ShoGunnRyu » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:14 am

how to play :?
ShoGunnRyu
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Hero to Zero: How to transition to Folrart from Crest

Postby crimsonshade » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:06 am

ShoGunnRyu wrote:how to play :?


I'm pretty sure there was a tutorial when you go into Alteil. Anyone know where to find Lapierre sensei?

If you can't find the tutorial, try look at Lapierre Sensei's classroom section in the forums,

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=13&rb_v=viewforum

read some of the threads for newbies, and maybe ask around there.
User avatar
crimsonshade
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron