League of Legends

Video Games

League of Legends

Postby 091888 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 am

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5306d63d9d4 click on this = free dota , it is free and fun almost like as dota

Re: who want to play free dota

Postby InigoMontoya » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:38 am

It's an amazing game. Voted best game by both Gamespy and IGN gamers network.
InigoMontoya

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

I actually prefer DotA because it doesn't have any grinding for runes, heroes and shi-... stuff like that.

That said, LoL is an excellent game at the core.
LoneKnight

Postby Zanador » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:51 pm

There has been several attempts to make a standalone game of DotA instead of a single warcraft map.. I didnt take a look at most of them, but how is this LoL better than for example Demigod? Well, i know that Demigod is not free, unbalanced, has only 8 heroes, and is simply bad, but what does League of Legends have for it? Dota is free too, so LoL needs something else as speciality... (im asking simply out of curiosity)
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 pm

LoL is like DotA2 (while Heroes of Newereth is like Dota+, basically better graphics, more stablle, but largely the same heroes... it's also a one time purchase instead of LoL's microtransactions). While LoL is not "free" in the sense that to unlock content you either need to shell out or grind, you do get 5 starting heroes and if you have a bunch of friends grinding isn't hard. It has better graphics, more maps, heroes (all original) have more skills and it's less swingy than DotA. You also have "summoner skills", and a skilltree for your account. Your account levels up and you get new skills that you can use for your heroes. For example, there's a blink like summoner skill, a heal, a WW, etc... There are also "runes" which let you add +stats to your hero, letting you customize them to the extreme.

While that all sounds very nice, in practice it means you basically don't unlock the "full game" until you hit lvl30. Many heroe builds/strategies are simply not available until you hit a certain level (you can't jungle from lvl1 effectively for example, some heroes are a LOT better with a full dodge rune set, etc....). Mismatches of lvl30 vs 1 don't happen often because of the matchmaking though, so it's bearable (again, as long as you have same level friends... having a level1 in a pre-made of 30s is begging to get ownd.)
LoneKnight

who want to play another kind of free dota

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Oh they made it a game and try to get away from it being just a warcraft III custom just for fun map? Not to mention how people keep saying it involves lots of micro while they control only 1 unit, obviously those never played a real war3 match and try to micro that. :roll:

And why did you call it FREE? What makes the common dota NOT FREE? The war3 dota is completely free. O_o
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Otonashi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm hoping they made it it's own game just to get people to bugger off of WCIII so that the other kinds of custom maps actually show up on the game list.

Course, I haven't actually played WCIII in awhile, but the last time I did I remember 95% of the games running being dota. Makes me glad I had the ability host games of my own.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Being a host is very stressful, if a guy lags and NOBODY ELSE does then you get yelled at by that guy "OMG!! NOOB HOST OMG BUY NEW PC!! I HOPE YOU DIE OMG IDIOT!!!11". >_>

So then you end up installing all the stupid Dota tools to ban those type of guys from your games and not to mention the bothersome pinging before every game starts ... -.-
And even then after you made sure everything was fine, there are people that quit right at start of the game. Tried Bnet and Garena and Eurobattle(eurobattle server sux), even in dota league you end up with some specimens you could never imagined that they exist ... :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby 091888 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 pm

not that bad , but ppl keep calling you noob ,the hint is it is better to make a few acc first , the first 3 acc is for practice , rest = for playing with other ppl , the real problem ppl dc , or ppl afk , not moving , not doing anything sometime, you lose because of ppl like this

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Did someone say dota?
Romdeau

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room