the card review thread

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: the card review thread

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:55 pm

I might or might not do one. It's better if people that do want to write a review sit back a while and think about what they try to write in there and make sure they have things figured out enough before they try to write.

There sure isn't much feedback, but if i see little feedback and high view count and very little disagreement in the feedback, then i can't conclude something else than having it done quite well or maybe very well if my effort was enough. If there hasn't been much said then simply take note of the little that has been said.

Also can we have this thread with review links only? Move the rest to a general review discussion thread or something similar?
Last edited by Peralisc2 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby garcia1000 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Harion wrote:anyone reviewed set 6 yet?

I did a review of the 4* and 5* ones but it wasn't well received by the community! So I don't feel much incentive to do the rest.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm considering making one just because.
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Garcia most of us don't even take that review seriously because of Diondora's analysis. Also, most of us in the community can't really relate to a review with just high rarities in it because most of us don't have them!
Romdeau

Postby MTCosta » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

You don't have to own rare cards to review their designs.

It'd be cool to see a review in a few weeks, once people have some more experience with Set 6. Hopefully then the review can accurately judge the power level of cards instead of just summarizing their abilities.
MTCosta

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:34 pm

No, no you don't but people care a lot more about cards they actually have as opposed to ones they probably will never obtain a playset of.
Romdeau

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm

That's not true! I care most about three cards that I don't even have :lol:
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 am

Yeah, especially when they return my cards, levels be damned :P
LoneKnight

Postby Kinshar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 am

I have to say I disagree with the lack of community benefit. I think its a huge benefit to have an outside view of all the cards. I think the view count reflects that. I actually used the reviews a lot when I first started playing. I actually read more then I played at the very start. It made me understand how to use my cards better and the value each one held (especially if they combined well with other cards i never thought of). I also looked up interesting cards when I watched decks and saw cards being used against me. it was especially helpful when choosing level up cards as I understood how useful each one was.

In reality it would probably be more useful if all of it was updated completely to consider usefulness, counters, combos etc but that would take way too much time. I am sorry that people complained about the some of the reviews because I think its a real shame. It is only one persons opinion based on his/her experience, but the point is that there IS a view out there that people can search (regardless if others agree or not).

Realizing the impact of something like this is like trying to understand the impact of writing an encyclopedia or dictionary. You may not get praise and you may even only get criticism but you are contributing to a knowledge base. You may not know always know how the knowledge is being used but you can rest assured that it is being used.

It would be nice if Alteil can set up a system either on Altieil or worst case on wiki where anyone of us can list our opinions and thought for each and every card. That way we can have it be a living document about the thoughts of the community about various cards. It would spread the onus of writing it away form one or two people and would allow for diverse opinion. It does mean more to police for the GMs, especially when our forums alone get so heated about cards but assuming our community becomes friendly again, then it could work.

Regardless, I want all of you to know that I truly appreciate all the time and effort it takes to write these sort of things very much.
Kinshar

Postby Shiroyama » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm

In my opinion, this thread and it's link destinations is the most important resource in this forum. Card reviews not only help understand that card, but also the concept behind it.
Shiroyama

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum