Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Romdeau » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello,

There's no way I'd commit to a volume this expensive ($15 a pop) and this long (just got my 24th volume today) unless it's the best; hands down, Berserk is the BEST. What I mean by this, is that the author does all the work himself and commits to slaughtering no less than 100 men per volume yet manages to keep my interest with an intriguing story. Let's keep this in mind as I'm not saying that everyone should stop what they're doing and sprint to their closest book store and buy the first volume of this work. For those whom are unaware, this series has extremely mature oriented themes but they are all relevant to the story and it isn't happening for the sake of shock value.

Keep in mind about spoiling the series either the anime or manga because that can really kill it for someone who hasn't been following Berserk. The anime does follow the manga pretty faithfully (minus one or two side jokes) so I'd recommend watching it; however, be warned that you're in for a somewhat unsatisfying ending. It's this ending that left me craving for more of the story, and I wasn't disappointed in the equally entertaining manga.

Fans? Haters? Let's hear it.
Romdeau

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Grain » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:40 pm

I saw the first episode and didn't enjoy it all all.

Then again, the first episode of Inifnite Ryvius was boring also...
Grain

Postby erestor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:09 pm

same here hate it
the first few minutes is in real time then the rest of the show is a long annoying flash back. not to mention it goes nowhere fast.
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby DWildstar » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 pm

The entire Alteil team are fans of Berserk, which is why our parent company Media Blasters released the anime on DVD! I've seen the anime of course, but have only read six volumes of the manga. The only reason I haven't read more is I haven't been to my comic store in quite a while now. Also our newest video editor at Media Blasters is quite possibly one of the biggest Berserk fans EVER. Just go to his website Berserk Statues a must see for any Berserk fan! :D
DWildstar

Postby Romdeau » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:42 pm

Wow, it's great to know I'm among like minded people. I do thoroughly enjoy Berserk and I must say a few of those kits and statues I looked over BRIEFLY took my breath away. Absolutely stunning, thank you for sharing that.

The story only gets better after the manga picks up after the anime, and it explains quite a bit about the ending of the anime (which I found frustrating at first). Perhaps when the manga is finished, some company will finally see the gold mine that is Berserk sequel and animate this amazing world once more.
Romdeau

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:23 am

DWildstar wrote:The entire Alteil team are fans of Berserk

Also Japanese Alteil staffs are HUUUGE fans of Berserk.
They like it so much that when we went to Japan to visit their office, Mr. Miyamoto gave us a Guts statue by Art of War! (They also gave us Gundam toys as well :))

If you look at Japanese card list closely, you may find something very interesting,,,
I'm at Gencon right now, but when I get back, I'll post some links to the card list. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:15 am

AnnaTheRed,

You have provoked my curiosity and if I were able to read Kanji, I might've taken the time to shift through the massive Japanese card list. I wonder what surprises you have for us..?
Romdeau

Postby lilithtree » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 am

I have no read the manga but have seen about 6 episodes of the anime. It starts out pretty slowly, but is pretty action packed. I started watching it because one of my favorite composers, Hirasawa Susumu had part in the soundtrack. He is an amazing guy.
I hope to read the manga, but find my pockets empty most of the time.
At Otakon recently I found a nifty capsule toy of guts. For 7 bucks, it was worth it.
lilithtree

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 pm

You know,

I'd really like to discuss Berserk in depth and exchange ideas about details in the story, yet I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read/seen it and would like to. Lupos, I was wondering if the site could implement a spoiler tag much like the one you find on ANN (animenewsnetwork). I don't know the technicalities behind it, so please pardon my ignorance if this is impossible for one reason or another.

Thanks in advance.
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Lilith,

I completely agree with you on your opinion of Berserk's composer. He really does a fantastic job, and now I'm on a marathon that was inspired by the provided model link (check it out if you haven't) that had music attached to its site.
Romdeau

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy