What did you marathon recently or liked to marathon?

Anime and Manga

What did you marathon recently or liked to marathon?

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:33 am

Recently Yakitate!! Japan cought my attention and managed to keep me watching in almost every spare moment.

It's a comedy about a boy who wants to create an original Japan bread "Ja-pan!". Dosn't seem great at first, but the funny moments and all the reaction people have from eating bread are worth it. The story seems very linear, but there is a lot of character depth ...

An outstandingly great character in this is Pierrot Bolneze. Usually i don't care about character as much as i do about the story and twists, but this one is too well done to not notice that it's much more than your average person.
The show gets more interesting just because of characters such as Pierrot the clown, Kuroyanagi some sort of food critic, a weird manager guy with an afro ... and many more, these were just a few examples. It's probably the first time i liked so many of the characters in a show.

In most cases i start thinking about certain characters getting too much screen time, although they apear just a little bit here and there. Yes they are just that annoying and wish the author would defy all logic and have them removed in a brutal way. Well this was hardly the case with this anime. A huge plus right there. ;th2
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: What did you marathon recently or liked to marathon?

Postby DWildstar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 pm

I watched Yakitate Japan when it was coming out in fansubs and liked it a lot, but I think during the Pierrot arc the episodes focused too much on his "reaction" and not enough on the actual bread. I think the first season was the best, some good moments in the 2nd and the last bit where they got back to the baking it was a little bit better. I wish they would've spent more time with Kuroyanagi as judge than Pierrot because I think he was a funnier character with quicker and more entertaining reactions.

A really good show if you like shonen competition shows and food! ;th2
DWildstar

Postby alvisto » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Seems like a nice anime Pera, will watch it soon...

I am marathoning Welcome to NHK lately... and I am sure you watched that before...
alvisto

Postby Otonashi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

**** YES Welcome to the NHK. Yes, it deserved me swearing. I loved that anime, and I bought the entire manga too (Just as good, it has more content than the anime (like most manga do apparently) but I don't think the ending is as dramatic as in the anime).
Otonashi

Postby Noobwiz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Just finished reading Welcome to the NHK. **** yes! That was great. Thank you for mentioning that.

I'll probably read it again. The ending was pretty touching for me.

The previous thing I marathon-ed was Fairy Tale (Thank you christmas break!), but what I want to suggest is BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. Loved that show.
Noobwiz

Postby Eladin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 am

most recent i can remember is doing Blue Seed and Afro Samurai.

once i get GITS:SAC back from my brother, i'll probably do that.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 am

I've read Yakitate!! Japan in manga.

But however currently anime I'm marathoning through is Queen's Blade and Kiddy Grade just finished first season on both, now for 2nd XD
Callonia

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 am

I only liked first season of Kiddy Grade. Second looks like garbage, too much no fighting, too little lazer shooting, too much girl yapping, too much boobs (ok except the last part)... but you get the idea.

I just like to see awsome story, that's all i really really care for. The good stories are so good, that although i try to not watch them in one go (since good stuff is hard to find) i still somehow end up loosing sleep over them ...
For example yuyu hakusho, damn that was a good anime. Then when i randomly found hunter x hunter, i marathoned that too, only later found out they are from same author.

Latest thing i actually marathoned was Blame! manga a week ago or just few days ago, can't remember. Don't ask me why, i can't figure myself what kept me there reading until the end.
Ah yes, also read in one go (the manga is actually only 21 chapters short) Maken x Another. Seemed so weird, i just had to like it!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby alvisto » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 am

Currently marathoning the J-drama Liar Game. And I just realized that DantheTimid's avatar is from that manga/drama as well. xD
alvisto

Postby Noria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 am

lately i finally got to watch death note and really enjoyed it all the way through, a great anime

i found this funny parody as well, if you saw the anime/read the manga you´ll understand lol^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOXOiymE10
Noria

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy