What did you marathon recently or liked to marathon?

Anime and Manga

Re: What did you marathon recently or liked to marathon?

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Yah, marathoning the non-filler part is just great.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Noria » Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 am

I watched Code Geass and Witchblade throughout the last few weeks, and I´d say... well... dunno, both were good but somewhat didn´t really cut it for me at one point or the other.

all in all i think Witchblade was rather awesome, was nice to marathon through it :lol:
it starts off quite slowly imo but after episode 7 to 8 the storyline really gets rolling and from then on i watched the rest in 3 hours sessions because it was so cool lol^^
first thing i disliked was its "normal commercial Anime 101 style", nothing special about it really... and the action scenes are a double-edged sword, when there is one it´s always like "yaaaay awesome!!!! GO WITCHBLADE GOGOGO!!!!!!" as the scenes themself are really kickass, but the prob is:
the fights are very short... and i mean very, very short. the action itself is supercool and the neogens/the witchblade are awesome when they clash, but most of those scenes are like max 2 minutes or something which really is a pity... there´s no need for overly exaggerated action of course, but i mean hello? the anime is called freaking WitchBLADE, not Witchknife or Witchstick... so i expected some more BAMM in there afterall.
all of the characters are hilarious though, and i think that´s the biggest plus of this anime.

Code Geass was "enjoyable" too, it´s got a unique story that started off very interesting at first but i dunno what happened after like... 10 episodes or something. midway through the story i kinda lost interest from one moment to the other, maybe i wasn´t in the mood or something or the anime totally lost it´s spice there, i just got very bored at that point and was "glad" when it was finally over lol. so though i´d say it´s a good anime it really didn´t have any impact on me somehow.
Noria

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 am

Witchblade is imo a retarded drama from the start to the end, only interesting thing about it are the kinky female chars and the random **** sounds. :lol:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 pm

thing that sucks about bleach is it is nearly as bad as Naruto as far as filler goes.

why would the word Blade make you expect more? blade doesn't indicate sword. if it's got a cutting edge...boom. could've been a magical exacto knife and it would've been correct still. haven't quite gotten around to watching it yet, but at least the decent regard has me more interest, so thank you for that.

i liked code geass. i love mech anime in general, and i get tired of all the "wow, he's so strong, he just needs to tap into his potential" bull crap main characters like you find from Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. he's just uber smart, and the characters are pretty entertaining, fights are good. my only real hate came toward the last few episodes. *SPOILERS?* the fact that nearly everyone turned on Lelouch just pissed me off. i was like..."really? after all he's done..you guys are ****"

anyways...recently watched all of Samurai 7 and Gankutsuo: Count of Monte Cristo.

more impressed by Samurai 7, probably due to having lower expectations.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Noria » Wed May 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Eladin wrote:why would the word Blade make you expect more? blade doesn't indicate sword. if it's got a cutting edge...boom. could've been a magical exacto knife and it would've been correct still. haven't quite gotten around to watching it yet, but at least the decent regard has me more interest, so thank you for that.

oh, ya i missunderstood the word blade kinda, thinking it would refer to swords and thelike... anyways,the anime kinda lacks in action imo. as i said witchblade is enjoyable to watch, nothing that totally blew me away but characters and storyline are kinda cool yet somewhat slow^^
Last edited by Noria on Thu May 20, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noria

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Eladin wrote:Gankutsuo: Count of Monte Cristo.

That was also very boring at some point, basically it's also nothing else than a drama and this time i have to even hate the art. How do i even make it to the end of these sort of animes? Q_Q
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:
Eladin wrote:Gankutsuo: Count of Monte Cristo.

That was also very boring at some point, basically it's also nothing else than a drama and this time i have to even hate the art. How do i even make it to the end of these sort of animes? Q_Q

yeah...there were parts that i thought were decent, but maybe because i actually like the story itself, this anime just didn't really do it for me. somewhat opposite of yourself...well...sort of, i actually kinda liked the way the art was, with...i can't even describe how it was really. it was different...to me, so that's probably why i appreciated it on some level. if you somebody hasn't seen it, i don't think they'll know what we're talking about lol.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:32 pm

I tell you how the art was:
they took "color-patterns" from old fashion clothes and used those to fill in the clothes' blank spaces, sometimes used it for hair, cars ... I notice it was "color filled into blank spaces because those patterns didn't move.

To make the aspect more blurry they made some of the spaces (character's skin for example) less color intensive + added a lot of light "sources" or whatever they are called (sometimes the light had some color nuance so you wouldn't notice it so easy). Maybe some color randomly sprayed here and there too, to make it even more "wow-blurry!!".

Well at least the bad guy's real voice did fit the art. :lol:
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 am

no idea how that got posted in this thread...
Last edited by Eladin on Fri May 28, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 am

Just finished Higashi no Eden. The ending, actually the entire show was so great that i shaken from amazement for a second there. :shock:

Yet another anime i have to rate a 10. :P
ImageImage
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy