Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Nevermind ... this made me think i've read it: http://mangaop.blogtika.com/
Also i put in wrong number on myanimelist after reading the last chapter. :D

Also just checked the publishing dates:
Published: Nov 26, 1990 to ?

Aging process for characters in this manga is like 5 times slower than that from other mangas or even much more?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Looks like I was off by a year. I thought it started in '89. Maybe that was the Prototype chapter.

As for age, Guts is somewhere in his early 20s I think. So if you start counting from vol. 3 where he's a newborn, he's just about the right age. But given the life he leads, it seems unlikely he'll make it past 40 (or even 30).
Arakis

Postby Romdeau » Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am

Miruia will probably keel over himself before any of his main characters die (Guts, Caska, Femto, etc.)
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Mon May 17, 2010 5:37 pm

I love the music and models on this website: http://www.berserkstatues.com/

I know it's already been posted, but perhaps a fresh reminder for those who didn't read the entire Berserk thread I suppose. I think I've streamed like 24 hours+ of the music of their site lol. Plus, the models are REALLY cool! That dude has a lot of money and time, but if it's for Berserk-I think I can understand.
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Does anyone else think that Bazgar has a slight resemblance to human Zodd?
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I suppose he does, somewhat. There's a Lawtia card in a future set that looks a lot like apostle Zodd. I forget what set it's in, but Anna once linked it on an old forum post. One of these days, when enough cards have been released, I'd like to try to make a Berserk-themed file.

Silly me, that link was in this very thread. Just much earlier:

https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=584

Hey hey, looks like it's in set 7! That's one step closer to that Berserk file. Kneel before Zodd!
Arakis

Postby Spears » Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks to this thread i appear to have been introduced to manga....

Anybody else feel that guts personality is kinda inconsistent when the storyling catches up to the opening around 15-16? just seems he is more caring and human at the same point-ish in the story second time around. Maybe thats just me.
Spears

Postby Arakis » Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 pm

That's largely due to Puck's influence. Through the power of empathy and comic relief, Puck pretty much keeps Guts from completely giving into his inner Beast. Don't forget that some time has passed since the flashback began in vol. 3 and when it catches up in 14. Also don't forget that scene of Guts crying in vol. 3, and trying to hide it from Puck. He wasn't beyond redemption at that point. But don't worry, there will still be moments where Guts comes perilously close to giving over completely to his hate.
Arakis

Postby Ginnazoh » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:16 am

ive been reading the manga of berserk (grr its hard to find! I had to go to 3 or 4 different stores before I found a store that carried the earlier volumes...thank god my friend has all the volume for 8 onwards >.<)

There is one thing that frustrates me, whats with Griffith's decision to be completely suicidal and out of character right after Guts leaves? His decision to go to the castle, sleep with the Princess seems completely OOC to me and just unexplained. Am I supposed to just assume that Guts leaving was so traumatic that he lost his judgement and became rash thus doing something like that?
Ginnazoh

Postby Arakis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

That's more or less how I've always interpreted it. Griffith reached a point where he truly relied on having Guts around, and when he lost him, he suddenly felt something he rarely had before: fear that he would fail to reach his goal. I don't think he intended to be caught deflowering Charlotte, but he probably thought that if he could fully win her over emotionally, he'd be a shoo-in as her future husband. Or...he simply was in such a pit of despair (har har) that he said **** it and threw all caution to the wind. He went for a short cut, the easy but potentially self-destructive route, and it backfired on him epically. One of the best aspects of Berserk's writing is that Miura doesn't spell this out for us. It's up to us to interpret.

Before you judge this sequence as being OOC of Griffith, remember a few volumes earlier how he sold his body to Gennon so he could get money for the Band of the Hawk. Thus, this wasn't the first time Griffith sacrificed his integrity and took a short cut to try to achieve his ambition. I argue that it was very much in character, but it took something like losing the duel with Guts to shake him hard enough to even consider taking such a huge risk again.
Arakis

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy