Beginner's Packs Details (3rd)

Official News and Announcements

Re: Beginner's packs are returning!

Postby fargone » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:51 pm

I have to be honest here, and admit that i have not read the other posts. If I have repeated what someone else here has said, then I apologise.

The beginner packs are an awesome addition to the shop, and I would truly love to see them stay, alongside a permanent option for gold boxes.

Having looked at the cards though, the lawtia pack leaves a lot to be desired. I dont see many lawtia starters reach folrart. Now I am going to see even less. This was a great opportunity to increase the variety in beginner files that they can potentially play to a mid level, but I feel that lawtia pack is simply fail on top of fail, and I feel for those who have chosed this awesome sphere as their starter.

I will now be seeing even more falkow - they have the best pack by far. Awesome... falkow.... the only sphere that really didnt need to prove its better than the others just got stuff like sea claw and tortoise to prove that refess doesn't have the best tanks, carrier to show lawtia they aren't the most useful after death, and more witches to remind gowen why rush is not always the best way to hurt the opponent. Seriously, just add serpent and ensure that no other starter is going to want to play against them, ever.

Having said that, these packs are awesome value for money, and I highly recommend them to anyone considering a purchase of cards and a just starting out.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby methebest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 pm

is there any chance to exchange mad preist with vet swords woman lol
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Multi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 pm

methebest wrote:is there any chance to exchange mad preist with vet swords woman lol

No. they have to meet their "not so useful for you!" cards quota.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby methebest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 pm

then get rid of guardian and blessed armor knight and ball of lame lol
methebest

Postby Multi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Why are non newbies complaining about the card selection? They're all 1*'s regardless.
Multi

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Multi wrote:Why are non newbies complaining about the card selection? They're all 1*'s regardless.

I don't think the newbies frequent the forums very often, so someone should keep a standard for them.

At least, I think that's the justification.
Romdeau

Postby methebest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 pm

roms onto it basicly we want them to be something that would be useful for newbies
methebest

Postby Multi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Romdeau wrote:
Multi wrote:Why are non newbies complaining about the card selection? They're all 1*'s regardless.

I don't think the newbies frequent the forums very often, so someone should keep a standard for them.

At least, I think that's the justification.

Well, then people shouldn't say they want cards removed because they're "too good" right? I already pointed out that lawtia's 1* list is slim pickings in the first place (http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/t ... =10#p70968), so even if one were to consider it the worst of the lot, it's mostly because there's not much of a choice. Lawtia is pretty heavily reliant on 2*'s and upwards. Lycans, dolls, half of the useful crest units, undeads, and then command dolls and midlawt require 3*'s, then onto big lawt which is still 2* and 5*. There's also healing priest files but I assume we're sticking strictly to monosphere when it comes to beginners and the beginner pack.

I do think magic doll healer should've been included as she's still one of the best lvl 2 tanks in the game, plus her SS is useful for beginners and vets alike, but other than that, there aren't really any other 1*'s that could be exchanged that would matter, other than maybe crest vet.
Multi

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 pm

If I was playing set 6 starter, here's what i would add from each sphere, excluding soul skills:

Refess starter-
Elite Folrart Acolyte
Folrart Guardian
Novice Folrart Acolyte
Over Soul
Magic Bolt

Lawtia starter-
Skeleton Warrior
Crest Halberd Soldier

Gowen starter-
Man-eating Tiger
Mercenary
Blitz Soldier
Ball of Flame

Falkow starter-
Sea Claw

Sucks to be Lawtia and Falkow! Doesn't matter for Falkow since their starter is strong enough, but Lawtia is sad.

Maybe I'm bad at valuation though since my RP is only 2000 so it isn't top 5.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 pm

What about Lost Tome? Free grim removal.

Deep sleep engage your sylph and then punch into that speedy unit or tanker until it turns blue.

Also i am sure, turtle > sea claw. -.-

And that archer can remove AT .... :///

___

also for lawtia, exchange of souls is almost like a refuge in usage ...

halberd is really meh in this meta, but i do like succubus!! Succubus is great for sure, you get another round of extra 50 damage from leo and echidna if timed well. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart