Alteil vs Urban Rivals

TCG's

Re: Alteil vs Urban Rivals

Postby Eladin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 am

Politikas wrote:Eladin, Urban has this little option called "no random" mode.

wasn't there when i was playing, or if it was, it was a well hidden option.

neat though.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby worthing » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:28 am

urban rivals seemed to simple and like a guessing game when you came up against someone good but all the beginners were so obvious, so the game got boring fast for me and I quit
worthing

Postby DDrgn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

SO THERE WAS THIS OFFER ON SUPER REWARDS TO PLAY URBAN RIVALS(register and get to level 10).

Conclusion:
WHAT A TERRIBLE GAME.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Spears » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm

so true. i didnt even make it to level ten yet. i couldnt sit through it, should have done surveys.

finally got there. didnt even get the damn gran.
Spears

Postby skilll7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Spears wrote:so true. i didnt even make it to level ten yet. i couldnt sit through it, should have done surveys.

finally got there. didnt even get the damn gran.

lol gran :D
Valiant Warrior of the Light / Kemious
skilll7

Postby LotusFlower » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:32 am

My rating for UR is: 7/10
Good stuff : cards trading system (which sadly alteil don't have it)
element of surprises and luck
cheap cheap cheap cheap
evolution (some card art's evolution is very good , some are bad ..i mean it's ugly!)
staff wlll help you in half of a day , moderators will help you almost 24h/a day (alot of moderator)
bad stuff : BAD BAD ARTWORK (Some are goog like Tony Semedo , John Sein, Kuroi Tsuki But Don't you mess with phalloide)
The Element Of Surprises always keeps you down
A little bit of unbalaced (Clan like All Star , Resscue , Bangers make you feel frustrated)
LotusFlower

Postby kronoCore » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 pm

woah, nice to read a tread with so many toughts.
I play both and I have to say that Alteil still needs development in the market/trading scenario. As well the factor of random attack when two units have equal speed (that someone mentiones before) is annoying and there should be a rule for it (in UR the rule for ties is that the low lvl win the round, and if they tie lvl the one who attacked first win)
However Alteil have more consistency in gameplay and deckbuilding, the table normally is by far more intresting than UR and the possibilities to play are amazing.

The one thing I think this game lacks is hospitality with the new user, I mean the pass from Crest to Folrart is dramatic, and instead of keep players ongoing with their accounts it does the opposite (Fail!)
kronoCore

Postby Ropey » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm

UR has a surprising depth.The main game is very simple,but it encourages mathematics.The market can be so enjoyable.I found myself trading,and I'm very much against this at a real life level,but I was having so much fun with it.Missions I liked.The fact you can play under any flag,and see ratings each hour!I ground for a day and was number 1 in Uk for about a day or 2.Tourneys every hour.The top UK guild soon invited me,and I took part in lots of guilds.The Mods are relaxed almost to the point of not being there!That's the French for you.I started making avatars.The top artists would make them up if you helped with a card they wanted.My collection is massive.I hold some of the most sort after cards in game,but not the very top ones.When players talked about inflation I suggested a fruit machine,and one was installed.The old lotto for super rare was taken away.I reviewed the cards art.The cards are quite humorous,and contain all sorts of cultural political and satirical references.I don't think I even play one game a week now.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 pm

so why'd you stop playing?
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 am

I found this.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage