What is your favorite promotion?

The Home Of All Official Alteil Related Polls

Total votes : 0

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm

What would you like to see as promotions? Vote now!
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Re: What is your favorite promotion?

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm

I really am not a fan of upping treasure battles. The people like xovian and I who have put a ton of money into the game don't really need the cards from treasure battles and the 5 gran we get from recycling isn't worthwhile. The players who don't spend over $50-100 will be choosing that because its an easy way for them to gain more cards but it is kind of a slap in the face to someone who has spent 1k unless you made the treasure battles point cards or something we could turn in for actual cards we want.
Forsakensoul

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Whats the difference between Prize Cards and Prize Giveaways?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Logress » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Sorry, that should have been PRINT giveaways...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:24 pm

All card tournaments. The one we had was so much fun to be able to play with cards I never will in the real Arenas. :lol:

And Forsakensoul: "Slap in the face?" :lol: Didn't you get the memo? It's not the cards you own, it's how you use them.
EvilGenius

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 pm

^_^ evilgenius every since i finished my playset for my gowen deck.. i have only had a few losses.. the biggest reason for a loss on my deck was assassin... everyone else i got..

that is BS 3 fire emps how can i compete with that

or

3 fire emps and 3 fire dragons your doing over 200 points of dmg every turn

yada yada ive heard them all ^_^ so money did play a large enough roll for me to get the playsets of all the cards i needed for my deck
Forsakensoul

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Forsakensoul wrote:^_^ evilgenius every since i finished my playset for my gowen deck.. i have only had a few losses.. the biggest reason for a loss on my deck was assassin... everyone else i got..

that is BS 3 fire emps how can i compete with that

or

3 fire emps and 3 fire dragons your doing over 200 points of dmg every turn

yada yada ive heard them all ^_^ so money did play a large enough roll for me to get the playsets of all the cards i needed for my deck

I have a Water Dragon with your name on it. :twisted:
EvilGenius

Postby AzurePhoenix » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:47 pm

I think that increasing the chances of treasure battles is good for the overall community. During that week, the number of players was definitely higher on average than non-event weeks so there were more people to play against. Allso, I believe it played a huge role in getting more people over level 10 and thus increasing the population of the Folrart Arena - thereby increasing the health of the game overall. Now I see ~20 people in there at any given time, as compared to before when it was about 8 people.

Even if the increased odds of actually getting a treasure battle are fairly small, it's a great incentive to get more people to play and better stratify the community.
AzurePhoenix

Postby Kyrie » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

Prize cards, because it's a new way to get them without paying Gran.
Treasure Battles are probably more popular, but I didn't get into any at all during the event...
Kyrie

Postby Forsakensoul » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 pm

If the coding for treasure battles could be set to look at a players set's and find out how much of the set they have and to help determine different things of if it could be set to figure out how much has been spent on it and could up the rarity of the cards based on that... it would be worthwhile to me... but why in God's name do I need 3 more lvl 1, 2 or 3 cards. I have 3 of all of them... its pointless for me... it really only benefits players who do not pay.... oh wow if i win this match i get a free card... oh wow this week I can complete playsets of almost all the lvl 3 and below cards just by winning matches. Like I said... its a slap in the face to those who spent large portions of money.

The easiest solution is to offer "points" cards in place of cards and you save up points and can buy cards you want. Then I could win 30 matches get 500 points and buy a 3rd valaat... and it would also benefit new players they could save up points from wins also and get rare cards they need for their cards.
Forsakensoul

Next

Return to Kurina's Poll Room