Card viewer

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Card viewer

Postby harvest4god » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I am probably going to print the whole thing so I can deck build offline lol.
harvest4god

Postby cheongzewei » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 am

very very very good effort and awesomeness...

sadly, i now want a mirage master cards XD....
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:57 am

Just a survey kinda thing: Is anyone using the second version?
LoneKnight

Postby Otonashi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 am

I whipped up something in Visual Basic. Although, since it's Visual Basic I think only Windows users will be able to use it, but here it is.

DEMO VERSION - http://www.mediafire.com/?yyhm2yryi5m
The window on the left requires an internet connection to load. Otherwise, it reads data (stats, but not skills, similar to card list page) from a text file that is placed in the same folder. Honestly, the data in the text file was just Ctrl+V'd from the card list page. I just built my algorithm around the result of pasting it into notepad. It also doesn't have filters yet, but at least it can sort (use the drop down menu at the top) and bookmark cards (buttons between the list boxes).

P.S. I hate you GMs, why did you have to make so many gaps in card numbers? D: That was a headache to work around.
Otonashi

Postby Akjeil » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Kudos to you-dos, LoneKnight...just previewed the set 7 & complete set viewers, and the "ver. 2x Champion"...look like the useful asset many of us have been waiting for. ^^

Also @ Otonashi: great idea! & yes, the copyright issue may be the only sticky point...
& great job on the demo app, just tried it & seems to work fine.
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby Otonashi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm

For now, I don't think there's a problem because it's really just loading pages from the website. I could be wrong though. They'll probably PM me if there's a problem...

I really just need to build a filter system and it would be just as good as what is online. And then I can add other gadgets like card file builders, or maybe modify units stats based on other buffs being applied. I'm 75% certain that I can use card text offline, because there's already tons of programs doing that with other card games like MtG and Yugioh (Except they aren't just deck builders, they're playing apps), but I'm 95% certain that copying images to the program without permission is a huge no-no.

However, adding all of the skill text to a data file that can be used offline would take far too long to do by myself, so that's the biggest obstacle to making an offline program I think.
Otonashi

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey, so OVER ANOTHER 9000 HOURS OF WORK later (that makes it a total of MORE THAN 27000 HOURS OF WORK in notepad), I kind of fixed the whitespace gaps in the "show all cards" version. And changed the link so it shows the new guys as well. Feel free to update your bookmarks or whatever (I do wonder if someone has it bookmarked, lol).

Also, if anyone used it by actually typing in the first and last parameters (you square, you), you can type in multiple for each (like, "first=1,4&last=2,5").... and yes, I know this'd be better with a single array but I didn't want to change it up too much.

On a last note, I may move it to a different page sometime soon, so in case someone out there did bookmark it and it suddenly shows a missing page, that was me.
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 am

So where can i view the latest SECRET cards!?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:54 am

You can view them when they get added to the alteil cardlist.

:|
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 am

Aint people posting them? I am sure someone has to have them ... dont tell me the chance to gain a rare drop that much.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion