One Piece

Anime and Manga

One Piece

Postby harvest4god » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Just started watching it. On episode 12 of 457 it's really funny. Anyone else seen it?
harvest4god

Re: One Piece

Postby Noria » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:10 pm

I have been watching One Piece for numerous episodes, yeah... imo i wasted a lot of life time there but as always:

if you do like OP though you should watch "Bleach" imo, too^^ it´s somewhat the same "humour" as OP but with a more enjoyable style/a more interesting storyline imo :)
Noria

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:24 pm

I respectfully disagree.

One Piece>>>>>>Bleach (for me at least).

One Piece doesn't take itself seriously, and is ADVENTURE! all the way. Bleach is either emo or training montage, or "you can't win this fight" "yes I can *powerup*" "cr ap". It's pretty much DBZ at this point with more distinct heads.
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Bleach would be better if it didnt have fillers.

One of the things that makes one piece so great is that even fillers don't suck!

These day i don't wait for episode releases, i just read the manga.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby harvest4god » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Animecrazy.net
its all free to watch.
harvest4god

Postby Noria » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:02 pm

i agree with you about fillers and stuff :lol:

but one piece is just soooooooooo... ugly? i know i know it´s a certain style and some peps like it but i really couldnt watch on at one point, not because i was totally bored or something, the anime itself is actually cool but i just couldnt stand the storyline alongside the art that didnt cut it for me.
Noria

Postby harvest4god » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Noria wrote:i agree with you about fillers and stuff :lol:

but one piece is just soooooooooo... ugly? i know i know it´s a certain style and some peps like it but i really couldnt watch on at one point, not because i was totally bored or something, the anime itself is actually cool but i just couldnt stand the storyline alongside the art that didnt cut it for me.

Graphics are not as important to me. Story line is the key.
harvest4god

Postby Noria » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:12 pm

harvest4god wrote:
Noria wrote:i agree with you about fillers and stuff :lol:

Graphics are not as important to me. Story line is the key.

i couldnt get into a manga or anime if i don´t like it´s art or overall style no matter how mindblowing it might be ;)
Noria

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:35 pm

About the art:

No idea why, but i always liked it. It actually fits with the storyline, with the way the characters are and so on. Well it dosn't only fit, but i also like it.
I guess it wouldn't be One Piece if it wasn't with this art style.

harvest4god wrote:Animecrazy.net
its all free to watch.

What i mean is that i don't like to wait for episodes. The manga chapters are released earlier and i read those.

From the stuff that is airing with both anime and manga, i only watch those episodes where i think the manga chapter lacked detail about what happened.

-spoiler for those who didn't read the manga:
I think i will watch the episode where black beard steals the earth quake power, i just don't get it, how can it be so is to do a power switch from person to person... I must watch that episode, maybe they add some extra info. Q_Q
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby VertuHonagan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:16 pm

I highly doubt they add extra info. One piece is one of my favorite animes. Now I never noticed a difference between the art from when it first was released to the art now, but after watching some of the newer anime One piece art looks long and a little outdated, but its still one piece and there is nothing that will keep me from watching it. Its by far one of my favorite animes, and even though I buy bleach and like bleach. Bleach just doesn't have the flair. They filll up so much in between main battles with a lot of boring crap that is not near as exciting to watch as One piece.

Now Noria. Allow me to ask you one simple question. What is your favorite anime and why do you prefer that art style? I personally Love Gurren lagann's style a lot. They have perfect shading and makes the anime really blend well together.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy