What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

The Home Of All Official Alteil Related Polls

What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

Total votes : 0

Re: What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm

The internet fee usage time would probably be more expensive than keeping up with expansions and cards for most people as well, never mind whatever other fee Logress was mentioning just to play the game. I had a friend with a family plan that allowed internet use. After 1 month, he had over a $2,000 phone bill from casually using the web between 2 people. Needless to say the plan was canceled the following month and downgraded.
Phades

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:43 pm

My blackberry is 30 a month for super unlimited, plug into my laptop if I want to internet with Sprint. Normal non blackberry phones are 25 for unlimited. If you're at all like me, once you have internet with you at all times, you can't live without it! o_0

A 5$-10$ monthly charge for access to an actually good game on my phone would be worthwhile to me, but I'm not you. Plus web enabled stuff won't really work out in the subway. :(
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:09 pm

That sounds more like a mobile web service instead of what my friend had, simply using your phone as a dialup internet point. Bascially he was being charged for each acess and additionally for every download on top of a higher premium through verison for just having the service enabled.
Phades

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Duel Spectating! This is what i wanted to request, but it seems there is already a thread about this.

This will help everyone to understand the game a lot better, specialy the new commers. Anyway i myself am interested only because i want to see matches in florart, how can people beat refess players with high level cards.
SadistOkita

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Logress wrote:I'm actually really surprised not more people are into cell phone support. A lot of my casual nerd friends who have seen the game have said they'd totally play it on their phones, but then I live in New York, and the only time people have time for gaming is on the move. The Japanese have a File app that runs on phones, but they charge a monthly fee to use it. Not sure how well that'd fly here.

If we charged a monthly fee for you to have your kneecaps, how well do you think that would fly with you? :V

All in all we just need better phones that have proper Flash support and we're in. I'm looking at you, HTC.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby dobaer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am

Rather than, or in addition to "Duel spectating", I'd like to be able to take a look at recordings of my last X battles -- to help me figure out what I did wrong / could do better, or what worked out.
dobaer

Postby Phades » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm

dobaer wrote:Rather than, or in addition to "Duel spectating", I'd like to be able to take a look at recordings of my last X battles -- to help me figure out what I did wrong / could do better, or what worked out.

That was the other reason why this feature was implemented in guildwars. The primary was promotional resale to stimulate interest through notorioty within their tournament system.
Phades

Postby Scamp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:46 am

How about some vids up on Youtube?

Or the Altiel video section which is sure to come soon, right?
Scamp

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:57 am

No offence, but whats the use of the poll if we wont see the duel spectating in the near future? :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 am

When we put up the poll we knew that the Japanese were trying to implement spectating, so we figured I'd be a possibility someday. We also weren't expecting it to win by such a landslide. Since then, the Japanese found that to properly implement it, they had to redo the game from scratch. Apparently, this is why Alteil 2 has a lot more bugs than Alteil 1, so I at least want to wait until things are smoothed over before we think about it.

Also, remember that both Iczers have to agree on making the duel watchable, and most Iczers are a bit secretive or at least don't want 20 people watching as they are obliterated by endless morning... I don't know if it's still the case, but last time I played the japanese game a few months ago, you'd find like 300 ongoing battles in crest, and 2 would be watchable. Then I clicked on one and found it was a demo game being played by two GMs! If that's the kind of bang we're getting for our buck, porting all of our users over to a new game sounds really bad... (I like to think that American Iczers are a little less self-conscious, though.)

So for now, hopefully some of our users will use the new video forum and upload some game captures. If you don't want to give away anything that's working for you right now, why not grab a buddy and record a duel with some Set 2 meta decks in the training arena? We're hopefully going to have some more video from the GM's up tomorrow.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Kurina's Poll Room