Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Official News and Announcements

Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Postby Logress » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm

There have been a lot of questions about this, so I thought I'd make an official post.

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has worked so far to to help identify possible cheating. I understand trying to cheat on a game with trading because they can amass good loot and then sell it on e-bay for earth monies. But seriously, there is no good motivation for cheating on a game like this other than to ruin other people's fun. That is not cool.

The Japanese system automatically checks for cheating and drops anyone from the ranking counter if they're displaying certain behaviors (it also puts up warning flags at various levels that GMs can see). However, dropping people from the ranking doesn't stop people from trying to cheat to win treasure battles, so we are still going to have to ban occasionally.
If you suspect someone of cheating, please PM a GM immediately. You may include links to screenshots. You should try to include the Battle ID, which can be found in the chatbox. This is for PM only. In the public forums, please do not post screenshots that reveal an Iczer's name, Cemetery, or Soul Cards under any circumstance, unless you have permission. Oh, bit of advice, if posting a shot of your own glorious victory, you might want to consider blurring out your own soul cards too...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Poor Sportsmanship General Rules

Postby Kallas » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 pm

1.if they hack i will report
2.what do you mean by cheating?
3.but if there talking foul language why should they get ban you can just off the chat because i thought this country is freedom of speech or am i wrong? but only if they do it on the forum because it is consider spamming -_-

and yea it will decrease the player for the third one if they decide to ban for it because i know one mmo that goes down because of banning those speeches
Kallas

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Can't show cemetary & soul cards, but field cards are A-okay!
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Kallas wrote:1.if they hack i will report
2.what do you mean by cheating?
3.but if there talking foul language why should they get ban you can just off the chat because i thought this country is freedom of speech or am i wrong? but only if they do it on the forum because it is consider spamming -_-

and yea it will decrease the player for the third one if they decide to ban for it because i know one mmo that goes down because of banning those speeches

I've read over Logress's post several times and I don't see where your getting anything about foul language out of it. The only thing he talked about was cheating. If they did ban for foul language (which again I can't find anything that says such in this post) I assume that person would be given a warning first, and if they continued to cuss in spite of the warning then they deserved banning for purposely going against the rules. Cursing doesn't bother me personally but the reality is that no one NEEDS to type in curses, if they want to curse in frustration they can easily do it verbally, there's no reason to type it in other then to try to offend their opponent.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Porky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:55 am

How do you cheat on this??
The only form of cheating I can see is win-trading.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby kitsunekit » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:46 am

I've seen some people do some things that would be considered "cheating"...however mostly with mirage master...

But to be honest, you never know with this kind of a game...

There has been a recent "outbreak" of people "giving up" on turn 0, not even giving you a chance to talk to them. While not explicitly "cheating" it seems really odd. At first I thought it was a joke given the iczer's username, but recently a very high ranking iczer has been doing it too, and according to the chat has been doing it to a lot of other iczers as well. Any idea why? What are the repercussions? Are they just desperate to find treasure battles or are they cloning accounts to give their main accounts free wins (giving up to other players they accidentally battle)?
kitsunekit

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 am

I think the rash of people giving up on turn 1 is people with multiple accounts trying over and over to get themselves in Folrart so they can give up and give wins to their main account. If they get someone else, they give up so they don't waste time. The computer automatically tracks this behavior and tries to figure out people who are doing it. Then on Mondays, it brings up a list of people it would like to remove from the ranking system for our approval. I review it, and make any changes if I think if there are any mistakes. So, generally if there is a problem it will go away on mondays when the people doing the cheating realize they can't get ranking or ranking Gran anymore and give up. If they continue the behavior, the computer will flag them for banning.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 am

I read the title and thought it read 'Poor Sportsmanship General rules!' :D

A question came up in a discussion. Is discussing someone's RP considered distasteful? I'd think RP is a more public value than, say, your file contents.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Osterzone » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:31 am

I don't see why it would be, unless you said something like, "What!? Your RP is so poor! Why should I waste time with you, peon!"

Common courtesy is always the best rule of thumb, and if the person says, "I don't want to talk about my RP," then that's it. Or am I missing something in this?
See the power of the science!
Osterzone

Postby deathmasterb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 pm

I think the most common reason a person gives up on turn 1 is because they know the battle is pointless. Face it, if you're a new level 10 in Folrart, and you've been randomly paired up with a level 50 ranking person with a rating over 2000, is there even any point in battling them? I think users are just leaving and re-searching for battles until they find someone their level, so they can enjoy the game. Personally, I only battle a high level if I see they're using common cards, so I can learn from their strategy. These strategies tend to work, until you end up against someone with 3 copies of 3 rarity 5 cards. Then there's not a whole lot you can do.

To prevent people from surrendering early, what if we just had a battle pairing system where you can only fight people within 100 or 200 RP of you? Or a slightly bigger range. I just don't think a 1300-1400 RP vs 2000+ RP battle is very fun, for either person.
deathmasterb

Next

Return to Castle Folrart