Place your bets!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Place your bets!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Let's play a little bet game. Each participant gets a total of 100 points. Goal is to make as many points as possible!

To place a bet just choose a topic on from following list:

1st Topic: Players will get to keep set 11. (vote with simple yes or no and amount)
bets (yes): randomguy00 (80), DG (60), Icyman2 (1), Peralisc9001 (1)
bets (no): kawaiido (50), Callonia (50), Peralisc9001 (1)

3rd Topic: From all spheres, the most underpowered one is refess, falkow, gowen, lawtia. (Here the group first to get 10 votes, wins!)
bets (refess): Peralisc9001 (25)
bets (falkow): Peralisc9001 (1)
bets (gowen):
bets (lawtia): Icyman 2(10)

4th Topic:

~~~~~

If you have a topic of your own that isn't on the list you can simply mention it. Topic must be related to alteil and the expected result should be measurable in order to have a winner (or more).
You can bet as much as you like. Also you can place bets on multiple topics, also you can place a bet on as many options of a topic as you want (you can vote both yes and no if you feel like it).
A player with 0 points or below can't participate. You can transfer from your own points to any player, including those with 0 points.

When you place a bet make sure it's easy to see, so i can add it!

The group of winning players gets the amount of points they've bet.
If there are left over points, it will be evenly split among the winners.
If there aren't enough points to reward every winner, the one with the highest bet will get the reward first, the rest get an even split of whats left.

~~~~~~~
Participants:
NitroDino 103
Peralisc9001 62
Fargone 103
randomguy00 20
kawaiido 50
DG 40
Callonia 50
Icyman2 89
AquasFire2 103

~~~~~~~

So let's commence!
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am, edited 16 times in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Place your bets!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I'll start so i can give you an example.

2nd topic : yes (10) , no (10)
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby NitroDino » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:52 pm

2nd topic Yes (100)
NitroDino

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:34 pm

2nd topic: Yes , and I'm going all in.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby randomguy00 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 pm

1st topic (yes) 80
2nd topic (yes) 20
randomguy00

Postby kawaiido » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I bet 50 on we WON'T get to keep Set 11 cause Alteil has ALWAYS been stingy like that.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby gadu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Then let us buy it with FM! :o
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Topic 1: 60 for yes. Still not quite convinced that Logress is pro-people as opposed to pro-immediate-money, but he hasn't yet had the chance to run things. So I'm tilting my bet towards him, but not by much.

Topic 2: 0 either way. Honestly I'd hope by now that GGG has more important things to do than to police the forums short of shock **** or bots. There's no point to having a forum if at the first sign of dissent people say "BAN HIM!". And honestly a lot of people just get rubbed the wrong way because at the end of the day, I call them out on their lack of foundation of accomplishment. I'd hold my words if I didn't achieve what I did, and odds are, I could probably hit 2k RP again on AznApple's account considering he has all the cards. But the entire fun of games like this is working within the limited-resources framework.

Topic 3:
Obviously not Falkow, which always gets nerfed anytime it gets something good, since you just need that one card to let Falkow get a clean setup to lock in its return-your-bomb-beat-everything-else-down shenanigans. Elite Fencer, Emana, it doesn't matter. As soon as Falkow gets its control lock in, it wins.

Lawtia never will be the weakest sphere. It has a multitude of very effective rush options, and Lawt files that run merc death and deathmaker basically have free wins against bigs and don't do half bad vs. the rest of the field either.

Now onto Gowen vs. Refess...honestly at this point I think Refess is stronger on a whole. It has infinitely better support units, its tribals are respectable if not strong, and both spheres have attack grims. In the meantime, Gowen's gotten its best cards nerfed to mediocrity, and gotten a whole lot of other mediocre stuff while Falkow, Lawt, and Refess all got stuff to make existing strategies better.

So yeah...if we're talking weakest sphere by least amount of playable cards, Gowen takes the cake no questions asked.
Kittuns

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I hated you before I knew you were dg. Pretty sure everyone else feels the same. There's a reason you got ip banned.
I vote 1 on we get to keep some cards in set 11. Keeping the whole set is pretty unreasonable b/c
1. you've got newbies coming in and they'll get roflstomped by set 11 with their starters
2. set 11 was designed with the plan that it was going to be a paid set. It would further **** up the balance if everyone spammed set 11 cards not to mention the backlashes are as annoying as ****.
I vote 99 on dg gets pimpslapped.
Icyman2

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I hated you before I knew you were dg. Pretty sure everyone else feels the same. There's a reason you got ip banned.
I vote 1 on we get to keep some cards in set 11. Keeping the whole set is pretty unreasonable b/c
1. you've got newbies coming in and they'll get roflstomped by set 11 with their starters
2. set 11 was designed with the plan that it was going to be a paid set. It would further **** up the balance if everyone spammed set 11 cards not to mention the backlashes are as annoying as ****.
I vote 99 on dg gets pimpslapped.

LMAO.

This is the reason the game can't get off the ground.

"It would **** up balance if people could actually use every card."

Glorious.

People like this are a poison to the game, Sean. Kids that can't play, have never accomplished anything, have no sense of tact whatsoever, and then go around shouting as though they knew a single thing.
Kittuns

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion